Post Bootcamp Throwing

Thanks, but the Fastball Training book will be almost entirely a training-related book. I think I’m at least two years away from writing a book on mechanics, and when I do, it’ll be a DVD set + books.

Either way I’m still looking forward to your book. If anyone knows if or when Paul will start selling RTFN or new material then please inform me!

my son just got back from the camp and I he really enjoyed it. Rons idea with pronation is you diagnose the pain first and work from there. If you are having back of the shoulder issues then he believes its your decel that is a problem thus more pronation and shoulder/hip rotation around the front leg. My sons biggest issue was his elbow above his shoulder and his handoutside of his elbow and the connection ball helps him feel that. I thought the camp was well worth it and he did hit over 80 mph on the turn and burn. He top velo off the mound this year was 76 usually sitting at 73-74.

my son just got back from the camp and I he really enjoyed it. Rons idea with pronation is you diagnose the pain first and work from there. If you are having back of the shoulder issues then he believes its your decel that is a problem thus more pronation and shoulder/hip rotation around the front leg. My sons biggest issue was his elbow above his shoulder and his handoutside of his elbow and the connection ball helps him feel that. I thought the camp was well worth it and he did hit over 80 mph on the turn and burn. He top velo off the mound this year was 76 usually sitting at 73-74. He is 15 and just finishing his freshman year btw.

I plan on taking my son to one of Ron’s camp - this summer.

Curious what he did to help teach better/proper use of the back leg and hip. I also would like a way to determine if my son is using his back leg and hip at all.

Thanks,

Ed

There are four main things he looks for in the lower body. Shin angle of post leg, femur angle of post leg, pelvic tilt, and the lead leg staying closed past 45 degrees. If you post some video i could attempt to help you out. I think i have a pretty good idea of what Ron looks for now. (in both lower and upper body)

I’ll get some game video or him throwing on the side lines tomorrow.

Thanks,

Ed

Try to get an angle directly from the side…