Plyocare drills

I just got some plyocare balls and was looking for some exercises that are very useful. Thanks.

Kind-a hard to suggest something without knowing your age, health history, and things like that.

1. Besides, did any instructions come with the purchase?
  2. Did you get these things with anything special in mind?
  3. Are you planning to use these things with other devices, diets, programs… or are these things a standalone with nothing else?
  4. Did someone encourage you, or suggest to you, that you get these things?

I’d like to point out that everything out there, that’s in the market for sale, has a singular purpose. Like a treadmill that specially designed to help you jog indoors - thus help your cardiovascular system, your pulmonary system, and muscle groups that get a workout while jogging. So specific is a tread mill, that it’s focus is definitive on your body. But, if used improperly, like anything else, if you’re not in condition to use a treadmill, like the plyocare balls you have. Every so called workout enhancement device requires your qualifications - physically and mentally, with purpose and discipline.

I’m not a fan of weighted, or other devices, for throwing for the purpose of arm strength enhancement. I’m sure there are very qualified trainers and coaches that think and believe otherwise, Therefore, I am not qualified to address your question directly.

Hey thank you for your imput, to answer your questions, I had some basic instruction to not use them every day and my goal with them was to help build command or velocity. Additionally, I am already on tuffcuff for basic conditioning. My age right now is 17 so I was beleiving that my body is possibly physically mature to handle it overall Again thank you for your time.

Tuffcuff is one of the finest publications on the market for your purposes. You’ll find the section on nutrition and diets to be one of the most complete training aids for developing athletes.
Notice in the publication how simple exercises devote a considerable amount space, and examples. These exercises can employ very simple items that are found around the house - without the expense of gym appointments.
Stick with Tuffcuff. Be loyal to the progression of where you are in your age and your competition level. Don’t rush things and above all, don’t be expecting results overnight. Be sensitive to your body telling you things, like fatigue, lack of motivation and stuff like that. Take advantage of all the Tuffcuff… not just parts here and there. By doing that, you’ll discipline yourself- when others fail to.
Tuffcuff is not for everyone. It takes a concentrated effort to want to compete, not just play the game - that’s the driving purpose for the publication. You can be assured that this publication was designed specifically for athletes like yourself.

Yeah I do belive it gives a solid overview on conditioning and has really helped me get into a solid routine in the offseason. I was reall considerering top velocity but realized the dangers of olympic lifting and yeah. But once again thanks for your imput.

ek22,

“I just got some plyocare balls and was looking for some exercises that are very useful. Thanks. “

Know the history and effects of the use of overload principle in “sport specific” exercise programs.

This is not happening in most areas!!

The sport specific interval training revolution for overhead throwers brought in by Dr. Mike Marshall was only OK’ed for use with specific “Force application “ requirements that most all these new practitioners do not understand or ask to be produced. If you are using weighted baseballs, Plyo (dead blow) balls,. Lead, steel, brass and all the rest including a regulation weighted baseball, if you use pathomechanical principles (traditional, centripedal, late humerus etc.) to throw the ball you will injure yourself with corresponding higher frequencies the more weight added. Many of the new surveys (pseudo scientific) done show increased injury rates as theorized by Dr. Marshall.

I will give you 3 of the best drills to use for overload that are recommended.

These drills are perfected for 6 weeks, one then the next for 6 weeks then the next for six weeks.

You will attain training regression with the addition of wrist weights performing the same actions and not be able to compete!

I “Wrong foot slingshots”- This is a backwards chained latissimus Dorsi isolation drill that has you project heavy objects (we use 6LB. lady shot puts for HS and brass balls or dead blow (plyo) for youth) by pointing your triceps at the target with your Humerus vertical and the forearm laid straight back. The ball is thrown by only your Humeral inwards rotation and body rotation. Starting at 12 reps daily of each pitch (we have three each day), for 2 weeks then 18 reps for 2 weeks then 24 reps for 2 weeks.

2. “Wrong foot loaded slingshots”- This is a backwards chaining drill that lengthens you to full length by attaining the slingshot position then reaching back and attaining full length start while maintaining your reverse motion over your head in a straighter line then throwing the ball from the core up.

3. “No stride glove side rotational leg press”- This is the most important drill an overhead thrower can perform. It teaches you how to perform the pelvic rotational contractions (walking response) under overload conditions by contracting against the glove side leg and throwing straight down your acromial line by rotating drive and recovery to 180 degrees.

All these drill types are performed by throwing pronated pitch types that break to the glove arm side of home plate then one day then all pronated pitch types that break to the ball arm side of home plate.

I would suggest all coaches and organizations read Dr. Marshall’s free info to better understand how to protect learning youth athletes and older ones instead of listening to what others with little or no experience say about it and repeat that. This is how great info gets mis-applied.

Thanks for your imput I will take it into consideration