Please tell me what you think

Hi, I’m new to the forum and was looking for some feed back.This is my son who has just turned 13U in Dec.

This was him three months ago, his first lesson with Shingo Mitsumori.

This is him in 4 lessons.

Here he is working on a drill. He used to reach straight back which you can see in the first Vid. This has really helped him.

And this is him just last week.

I’m really proud of him and think he looks pretty good, but I was looking for a more realistic un fatherly love perspective if you guys know what I mean.

Actually, he does look pretty good. But he has a tendency to fall off to the first-base side when he follows through—that’s one thing he should work on is finishing off so that he’s square to the plate, which will help him get into a good fielding position. It’s not a matter of “realistic un-fatherly love”; it’s a matter of his pitching coach helping him with that follow-through.
And I’ve noticed that he’s been experimenting with different deliveries—three-quarters, sidearm and everything in between. This can be a good thing, or it can lead to confusion. Unless he’s an Orlando Hernandez in the making, he should pick one delivery and concentrate on that…whatever feels comfortable for him. 8)

Interesting that in the “13U pitching drill” video the coach has a banged up wing. Kid looks good, sometimes I think that they teach the front side lean a little too much like in the “12U with Shingo” video, but at the end he has kept it at a minimum.

[quote=“Zita Carno”]Actually, he does look pretty good. But he has a tendency to fall off to the first-base side when he follows through—that’s one thing he should work on is finishing off so that he’s square to the plate, which will help him get into a good fielding position. It’s not a matter of “realistic un-fatherly love”; it’s a matter of his pitching coach helping him with that follow-through.
And I’ve noticed that he’s been experimenting with different deliveries—three-quarters, sidearm and everything in between. This can be a good thing, or it can lead to confusion. Unless he’s an Orlando Hernandez in the making, he should pick one delivery and concentrate on that…whatever feels comfortable for him. 8)[/quote]

Thanks for the reply. He has been working on finishing better because he did have the tendency to fall off to first base. They did experiment a little in arm angles, but have gone back to his nature over the top delivery. He throws pretty much right over the top and his landing has gotten much better. I’ll have to get an up dated vid. Thanks again!

Well thankfully Shingo is a right hand pitcher ;O)

Thanks for the reply!