Please oh please, drop an atom bomb on the met's bullpen

I’m a die-hard Mets fan, and my head has been reeling for the past week. Finally, we get ahead 2 and a half games, Pelfrey throws 2 consecutive complete games, Reyes has the most multiple hit games in the league, and we’re now a half game back, and currently losing to the Phillies 3 - 1. I’ll give the Phillies all the credit in the world. Their team is, overall, the best in the NL East. It just kills me that the Mets should have that title, if not for our miserable, horrible, abysmal, bullpen.

I say they fire them all except Wagner, Smith and Ayala. We need a revamped bullpen ASAP Omar!

They need Wagner back and take some of there starting pitching prospects and move them to the bullpen, or go get some big name guys.

I agree Kaz. It’s not like the Mets are a poor team. We’re not exactly working with the payroll of the Florida Marlins here. The Phillies just picked up Eyre from the Cubs I believe, which is a trade we would have loved to make. I just dont get these things sometimes. It’s the owners job to go out and find the missing pieces and Omar is just turning a blind eye to the situation.

Congrats on the Rays’ season btw. Were you always a Tampa fan?

thank you god for letting us beat the phillies! first place baby!

Yeah I’ve been a Rays fan since the MLB announced that Tampa would get a team. Before that I was a Mets fan believe it or not.

Here in Toronto I’d like to just blow up all the hitters. The pitching rotation is great with Halliday, Burnett and the other guys are coming around. Litsch threw a shutout gem vs. Boston, Marcum is beginning to hit his spots and Purcey threw a good game tonight. But they lose 1-0.

When your pitcher has a line like 8.0IP, 5H, ER, 11K 0BB, YOU DON’T LOSE! Damn Rays :wink:

Yeah, the Jays’ rotation is getting better, ill give you that. I thought losing The Big Hurt would well…be a big hurt. :lol:

If as you say, your offense needs to wake up, then Halladay should be able to take charge on the mound and secure a lot more wins.

You say you need a bullpen eh?

THE BLUE JAYS LAUGH AT YOU

(we’ll take Delgado and Wright :D)

[quote=“BleedBlueNOrange”]Yeah, the Jays’ rotation is getting better, ill give you that. I thought losing The Big Hurt would well…be a big hurt. :lol:

If as you say, your offense needs to wake up, then Halladay should be able to take charge on the mound and secure a lot more wins.[/quote]

Sorry about the double post… BUT

If we had as good offence as say… the Mets or Red Sox or another good offensive team, Halladay would already be a 20 game winner.

How about the tigers bullpen/starters…UGH

I honestly think that the Met’s bullpen is going to give me heart failure. Every time the starter comes out I have to leave the room or change the channel. It’s gotten so bad that I wish Minaya would fire them all. :x

We need Lindstrom back from the Marlins, who we gave away in the most retarded trade of the last 8 years. The guy throws 100mph with almost pinpoint accuracy…

I heard a rumor that we’re looking at Fransisco Rodriguez from the Angels…

And with the Rockies still sucking, maybe we can pull off the Holiday trade.

I can only hope…

Why the Holliday trade? You said you needed pitching not hitting lol.

True lol. With great players’ contracts ending, i’m like a kid in a candy store. Or… a MLB team owner who wants the young stars of the game. Either way, you get my point. :lol: