Please look and comment (best u can)

This is my 12 year old son. I see some problems I am working on. What do you see? Suggestions, tips, please.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1159621664019455866

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7929752175141276077

[quote=“Jayro”]This is my 12 year old son. I see some problems I am working on. What do you see? Suggestions, tips, please.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1159621664019455866
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7929752175141276077[/quote]Overall i think he looks pretty good, has the W form just prior to the front foot landing, dosent open his shoulders too quick, keeps his lead leg close to the ground, has a good high leg kick, he dosent seem to have a big whip with his arm, dm59 can help you with that kind of stuff, he helped me and i’ve been throwing sooo much better, he’s the best for giving info in my opinion :wink:

i just noticed that he brings the ball really weird out of his glove…kind of straight down and it just looks kind of awkward

[quote=“Tanner Lorenz”][quote=“Jayro”]dm59 can help you with that kind of stuff, he helped me and i’ve been throwing sooo much better, he’s the best for giving info in my opinion :wink:[/quote]Aaww shucks, Tanner. Thanks. :oops:

Jayro
What format are these videos in? Can you send them to me at dm-59@hotmail.com ?

I tried to send it but it said your adress was undeliverable… Is it dm59 or dm-59?

I think it went through that time. [quote]i just noticed that he brings the ball really weird out of his glove…kind of straight down and it just looks kind of awkward [/quote]

Do you mean the position of his hand on the ball, or the actual arm action during hand break. He does kind of cock his wrist a-la Rick Sutcliffe, the actual hand break is a product of Dick Mills tapes.

like how he takes the ball out of the glove, I’m not sure if this is a issue, it just looks like the opposite of what your suppose to do

[quote=“Jayro”]I tried to send it but it said your adress was undeliverable… Is it dm59 or dm-59?[/quote]dm-59. You need the dash. dm59 was taken.

[quote="dm59]dm-59. You need the dash. dm59 was taken.[/quote]yea, i took the name before he did so he couldnt have it :lol:

I don’t have a problem with this.

This is pretty much the definition of a long arm swing, and it should reduce the risk of injury.

In general, I think he looks pretty good. He seems a little crouched/hunched over (especially during his finish), but that may not necessarily be problematic.

Stuff I noticed (as best as I could see in the coarse video):

(1) Too much head movement. Side view shows a big dip while rear view shows sideways movement.

(2) Doesn’t lead with his hip. Right after knee lift, his stride leg opens a bit and then extends. This immediately results in the torso leaning backward (probably inducing more head movement) and the shoulders align uphill a bit.

(3) Stride appears a bit too short.

(4) Kind if hard to tell but it appears there isn’t much separation of hips and shoulders nor late shoulder rotation.

(5) Shoulder rotation is not around an upright spine because the torso is already leaning.

(6) Over-rotation of the shoulders. At the end of the follow-through, the pitcher’s head is pointing at 1B and his back leg is pointing at 3B.

(7) Finishes with glove at side instead of out front.

(8) Poor posture at finish - too much lean to the left for my liking.

Keep in mind that a 12yo kid probably doesn’t have the functional strength and flexibility that it takes to perform all of the mechanics well. So work on the mechanics but don’t expect perfection. Identify the parts that can’t be performed well as those may indicate where strength and flexibility work should be focused. For example, inability to maintain an upright spine is often the result of a lack of both flexibility and functional strength in the lower back.

quote=“Roger” Kind if hard to tell but it appears there isn’t much separation of hips and shoulders nor late shoulder rotation.

(5) Shoulder rotation is not around an upright spine because the torso is already leaning.

(7) Finishes with glove at side instead of out front.

(8) Poor posture at finish - too much lean to the left for my liking.
[/quote]

I see these as well.

It doesn’t seem to me like he’s getting much push off with his rear leg.