Please Analyze My Mechanics

I have the video posted in other sections but I am trying to get the most people to view it as I can as I really need some help. I have control issues and that is my main reason for posting. The video is not the greatest and I have no ball or glove and its in a tight space but please, take it for what it is and offer your insight. Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXtNR4qDbBw

[size=16] Your back foot seems to slide quite a bit back toward first when you start your wind up and then, your plant foot looks like it’s landing third base side. Hence, it appears like you’re fighting a little to get back across your body. Any chance you missing high on your throwing side? [/size]

Actually yes, I miss all over the place but I do tend to miss up and in to a RH batter fairly often.

I don’t believe it slide that much but i can’t be sure until i see a video of myself on a mound and actually pitching. Other than those two things what else do you see? Do I have good arm action, good lower half? Do I use too much arm? Again my delivery might be a little different off a real mound but that’s pretty much it.

Other than the things I mentioned everything else looks pretty good.

wow…it scares me that no one mentions to you how bad it is to do that…meaning … simulating your throwing motion, with full arm action, without ball. It will destroy your arm…like throwing rocks…

i think you should warm up, grab a ball and a friend, and film your mechanics from the mound…with cleats on…the downhill plane will change your mechanics, when you’re planting front foot on level plane you’re really 4-5 inches higher than you would be throwing from mound.

when you said you miss high, i think its because you’re muscle memory is set to throwing from flat ground, great for a fielder…

but i think its very important to relate pitching mechanics in the way you will be performing them

[quote=“b0stonb0mber”]wow…it scares me that no one mentions to you how bad it is to do that…meaning … simulating your throwing motion, with full arm action, without ball. It will destroy your arm…like throwing rocks…

i think you should warm up, grab a ball and a friend, and film your mechanics from the mound…with cleats on…the downhill plane will change your mechanics, when you’re planting front foot on level plane you’re really 4-5 inches higher than you would be throwing from mound.

when you said you miss high, i think its because you’re muscle memory is set to throwing from flat ground, great for a fielder…

but i think its very important to relate pitching mechanics in the way you will be performing them[/quote]

Excellent first post.

Any advice given for the throw in the video is meaningless. If you are serious about improving your mechanics, get some game or mound footage.

I’ve thrown rocks,tennis balls,sticks,rubber balls and all other manner of objects and have never had a hint of a sore arm.

I’ve thrown rocks,tennis balls,sticks,rubber balls and all other manner of objects and have never had a hint of a sore arm. [/quote]

Just wondering, but when will you stop using different colours and alternate texts?

I’m assuming this pitcher normally doesn’t throw without a ball (would that still be throwing? :stuck_out_tongue: ) so I don’t think doing it once or twice for a video is that big of a concern. But, again, I’m assuming…

Regarding missing up and in to righties, I don’t think we can attribute that to throwing off of flat ground because we don’t know to what extent this pitcher throws off of flat ground. (That is, unless I missed something.)

I agree with others that the best benefit from video analysis happens when the video shows full intensity off a mound (assuming you actually pitch off of a mound when you perform).

But, based on the video, I’d say the missing up and in to righties is due to staying over the back leg too long and not getting it going sooner along with a postural issue (glove-side tilt) at release.

[quote]Just wondering, but when will you stop using different colours and alternate texts?
[/quote]

You are seeing “different colours and alternate texts?”