Placement of pitches

Didn’t know whether to put this in another category or not but when placing pitches (outside, inside, etc.) what are you thinking? Is it mostly a mechanical change or is it all mental because i have problems throwing it where i want to. It usually just goes places by chance.

There might be little things but I thinkt he main thing is practice, practice, practice. Just throwing it where you want it to go over and over until you get the location down.

I believe I’ve mentioned this before, but it bears repeating.
When I was a little snip of twelve I would get a good catcher, and we would mark off a pitcher’s rubber and a home plate at the requisite distance of 60 feet, six inches, and we’d play a game we called “ball and strike”. The purpose of this was to sharpen up my control—the catcher would position his mitt in various spots, high, low, inside, outside, down the middle, you name it, and I would practice throwing to those spots. It was great fun and a good workout, and I would always aim to get that ball right into the pocket of the catcher’s mitt. We would go at it for an hour at a time, and I would get so absorbed in doing this, just throwing and then working on different breaking pitches, that my mother had to call me several times to come in for dinner! (Not having a fast ball to speak of, I had to go to the snake-jazz.) This is one of the best ways I know of to get one’s control under control.