Pivot Move for a righty

I’ve looked over some threads here, along with the rules on mlb.com and it sounds like a righty can pivot off his right foot, turn his body to first, step with his left foot and then throw, with his right foot still in contact with the rubber. Just to be clear, this move is legal right? It seems like all the pitcher must do is step to first before throwing. An when making a move to second, after stepping behind the rubber, should you turn your body to the third base side and throw to second, or should you spin completely around to the first base side. Which move do you think works best?

i think it is legal. I do the same move and i never get called on it.

[quote=“jmart917”]… it sounds like a righty can pivot off his right foot, turn his body to first, step with his left foot and then throw, with his right foot still in contact with the rubber.[/quote]A lefty can do it. It’s just that a righty has to do more to get there.

did that last night and had the kid dead! First I showed him an alright move where I stepped off, then I did the pivot move and had him nailed.