pitching

hey im new here im 15 my name is christian and i need help on my velocity i cant throw hard at all i got a lil control im basically in 2nd base but i am also a catcher i just started pitching i can get the fastball in control in a game but i get tired easyly about 5 inning max i throw sometimes sidearm overhand but i cant get my arm angle right i guess i throw up to 50 - 60

You just gotta throw everyday. The best way to improve arm strength is long toss. Also work our core and your legs to help gain velocity. Finally learn good mechanics.

i do throw almost everyday recently its bin raining im working a lil bit on my core i need stronger core work outs and my mechanics im working on if any1 knows pages of core work out at home that would be good

This website itself has alot of core exercises. If you need more just go to Google and type in core exercises, or baseball core exercises, and different varietys of that then just click on a bunch of sites till you find some you like.

I think you have bigger problems than your core strength. At 15 years old, if you are only throwing 50-60 mph I would look towards your mechanics (or something you didn’t mention).

Are you undersized? Do you shortarm the ball (most catchers do this from habit)? Have you had any arm problems or injuries?

Having a strong core is good, but I dont think it will be the cure to your problem.

from wat ive bin told it is that my relese point is incorrect which i have problems fixing i need help on getting my arm outa te sidearm and into the correcet position if anyone got suggestion to help plz help also my mechanic are bad for pitching i sometimes cant get my pitching straight i cant get em moving or i dont pitch 50-60 i sometimes throw 30 when im not ina right position

from wat ive bin told it is that my relese point is incorrect which i have problems fixing i need help on getting my arm outa te sidearm and into the correcet position if anyone got suggestion to help plz help also my mechanic are bad for pitching i sometimes cant get my pitching straight i cant get em moving or i dont pitch 50-60 i sometimes throw 30 when im not ina right position

You need to see an instructor (a competent instructor, not your neighbor’s cousin). The problems that you are describing seem to warrant a complete rebuild of your mechanics in order to make you effective. Since you are in NY, I cant really help you out with instructors (left coaster :smiley: ), I would look around in your area. Hopefully someone from NY can find you a good instructor.

i found my problem for the pitching i know i gotta build my arm a lil but i got the pitching mechanics better than i thounght i think it wass cause i was forcing myself a lil 2 much when i have a calm windup nice and slow my arm slot gets in place i actually threw about 45 pitches witout wildness

How was your velocity?

i dont know but i threw kinda hard i need a radar gun or a baseball that tells u the velocity which is more accurate than others is it ok if i throw a slider at my age even if it dont hurt i can throw it a certain way and it will move and not hurt i cant get the curve right also wat about a sinker and splitter

I’d say no about the slider. You might have the same problem I have with a curve. Try getting your hand turned in sooner to snap it off. It you do that too late it causes your curve to turn into more of a slider and it also caushes you to miss outside consistently.

Well, I don’t know how hard yout throw but when you started this thread you were only throwing 50-60. I would work on mechanics and increasing your velocity over anything else. After that I would work on a change up. I would hold off on the slider until everything else is complete.

yea i know now im working on taking a longer step instead of a short stride i stretch my leg far and i still have my balance 4 now ill try to kep this up now i think my arm angle need a lil

yea i know now im working on taking a longer step instead of a short stride i stretch my leg far and i still have my balance 4 now ill try to kep this up now i think my arm angle need a lil

Post a video of yourself pitching or get a pitching coach.

i got a new coach now hes from college hes good hes teaching me now