Pitching Workout Problem(Cardio,Upper Body, Lower, Throwing)

You have upper, lower body workouts, stretching, cardio, throwing etc. How are you suppose to organize these types of workouts through out the week, while staying fresh. This is a huge problem for me at the moment and I need help bad.
Thanks
btw im 19yrd old kid

[quote=“PolishPhenom55”]You have upper, lower body workouts, stretching, cardio, throwing etc. How are you suppose to organize these types of workouts through out the week, while staying fresh. This is a huge problem for me at the moment and I need help bad.
Thanks
btw im 19yrd old kid[/quote]

Throw 5-6 days a week in-season, throw as much and as hard as your arm will allow, take a light day if you have to and you’re very sore. Throw long toss at least one or two days per week and finish every day with at least a short flat ground or a full length bullpen on other days.

Sample throwing day:
Drill work out to about 90 feet (2-3 drills, 8-12 reps per drill), long toss footwork out to 250 feet (moderate day), long toss pulldowns to 90 feet, long change ups at 90 feet, finish with a 20-25 pitch flat ground at 60 feet working out of the stretch, mixing in all pitches and working on breathing/routine

In season you only need 2-3 lifts per week, focusing only on several exercises instead of long drawn out workouts. Try 2 total body workouts on days when you are unlikely to pitch the following day. Stick to compound movements (pull-ups, pushups, lunges, etc.) and go moderately heavy but not over about 3 sets in order to keep the strength up and volume somewhat low.

Foam roll and do your dynamic warmup pre throwing and pre lift, and add in static stretching post throwing and post lifting if you feel like it helps you recover.

In season 2-3 days of cardio is plenty. Keep it short and intense. 10-15 minutes of sprints or agilities preferably the night of a start or outing before leaving the field, or on a day where you aren’t likely to pitch the following day.

Sleep 8+ hours per night and eat about 1.5-2x as much high-protein food as you think you need and you should recover just fine.

those are the basics
Ben

[quote=“LankyLefty”][quote=“PolishPhenom55”]You have upper, lower body workouts, stretching, cardio, throwing etc. How are you suppose to organize these types of workouts through out the week, while staying fresh. This is a huge problem for me at the moment and I need help bad.
Thanks
btw im 19yrd old kid[/quote]

Throw 5-6 days a week in-season, throw as much and as hard as your arm will allow, take a light day if you have to and you’re very sore. Throw long toss at least one or two days per week and finish every day with at least a short flat ground or a full length bullpen on other days.

Sample throwing day:
Drill work out to about 90 feet (2-3 drills, 8-12 reps per drill), long toss footwork out to 250 feet (moderate day), long toss pulldowns to 90 feet, long change ups at 90 feet, finish with a 20-25 pitch flat ground at 60 feet working out of the stretch, mixing in all pitches and working on breathing/routine

In season you only need 2-3 lifts per week, focusing only on several exercises instead of long drawn out workouts. Try 2 total body workouts on days when you are unlikely to pitch the following day. Stick to compound movements (pull-ups, pushups, lunges, etc.) and go moderately heavy but not over about 3 sets in order to keep the strength up and volume somewhat low.

Foam roll and do your dynamic warmup pre throwing and pre lift, and add in static stretching post throwing and post lifting if you feel like it helps you recover.

In season 2-3 days of cardio is plenty. Keep it short and intense. 10-15 minutes of sprints or agilities preferably the night of a start or outing before leaving the field, or on a day where you aren’t likely to pitch the following day.

Sleep 8+ hours per night and eat about 1.5-2x as much high-protein food as you think you need and you should recover just fine.

those are the basics
Ben[/quote]
Do you recommend bench press? or stick to push-ups, pull-ups etc

Here’s my routine of a 24 year old pitcher 6’4’’ 205lbs

Day 1 - Pitch day, run for distance
Day 2 - Run for distance, lower body weights
Day 3 - Upper body weights, no cardio
Day 4 - Circuit training
Day 5 - Lower body weights, sprints
Day 6 - Upper body weights, sprints
Day 7 - Circuit training

Lower body: Squats, lying hamstring curl, leg extension, calf raises, lunges
Upper body: Bench Press w/ bosu ball, bent-over row, pullups, 2-arm kickbacks, decline pushups
Distance run for 3 miles or 1 hour bike ride
Sprints vary but I do 10 sprints for 30 sec each with a 30 rec rest
Circuit: 25 goblet squat, 25 kettle bell swing, 25 chin-up, 30 rec mountain climber, 25 curl to press, 30 sec side lunge to touch, and 1 min jog into 1 min run (perform all exercises back to back with no rest for 1 set and rest 2 min between sets, do 4 sets in all)