Pitching video

Hey here’s video from side and back of me just anyone who could take a look at it and give me any pointers that would be awesome.

[/url]

ignore the fact that i have no shirt and goofy socks on haha

I have the same comment for both you and especially your brother. Tempo. Move sideways faster. As a start, just do that for a bit and see how things go.

You seem to put the brakes on your rotation. The upper body seems to go at the target and rotation kind of stops somehow. This causes the back foot to go up, then curiously whip back down again. I’d like to see your hip and shoulder rotation, combined with the trunk flexion cause that back foot to come up but naturally fall down toward the side and front. The foot thing is a sign that rotation isn’t happening. The foot motion is a result, not a goal but it does indicate that something is not happening.

Definitely more momentum needed. Also, I recommend bringing the glove closer to your chest before breaking the hands. This well help maintain dynamic balance.

I notice you are reaching with the front leg. This goes back to not having enough momentum.

You look pretty good BUT as Dm said Tempo is the key.

The faster you can move to the plate with an explosive move the faster you will throw. I’ve noticed this when I pitch that if I really work on going hard at the target that I can increase my velocity. {I increased it around 10 mph because of tempo and mental approach}.

I think you should just work on going quicker to the plate look at Roy oswalt and how quick he is to the plate. THE KEY TO VELOCITY IS TEMPO AND WEIGHT TRASFER {Energy transfer}. If you can work on thoses 2 things you will see your self throw harder.

PS HOW HARD ARE YOU THROWING? AND HOW OLD ARE YOU?

I’m gunna go with what Orel Hershizer (spelling?) said about Zito. Your front knee flexes and then unflexes (stiff knee). That means that the back leg is fighting your front leg. You are throwing with all arm.

“PS HOW HARD ARE YOU THROWING? AND HOW OLD ARE YOU?”
-I’m 18 and throw mid 80’s sometimes 87

thanks alot for the help everyone