Pitching video

http://video.google.com/videouploadfinished?docid=-8276359412483899926&filename=wsb64__TU9WMDMyMDg.MPG

Tanner
You’re dropping a little too much on the back leg as you begin. Don’t overexaggerate this and keep it ramrod straight but don’t drop vertically down so much. It seems to be contributing to the head staying back too far. Try a different mental cue here as an experiment. Rather than thinking about firing the front hip, think about a point at the bottom of your glove side lat. Firing that sideways might help stop the leaning back of the head. I toyed with this last night with my son (15 yr. old lefty) and it helped. The other thing was for him to do that very explosively. Really fire it hard. When he did, he had some good “pop” on his fastball.

Also, your glove seems to have dropped since the last video I saw of you. In this video, it looks like it just stays down at the bottom. Get that elbow up and the forearm horizontal during most of the stride. Then either bring the chest to the glove, as Tom House would recommend, or tuck the elbow into your hip and the glove next to your chest. Either cue can work.

And lastly, send me that video!!

ok i noticed some of those things too

your right leg seems almost as to buckle when you lift your leg

try not to have such a twist when you sit into your pitch try coming straight down insead of to the right

[quote=“Paul Magion”]your right leg seems almost as to buckle when you lift your leg

try not to have such a twist when you sit into your pitch try coming straight down insead of to the right[/quote]not sure on the buckling of my right leg but i noticed your second thought

Tanner. As you know, I would strongly recommend AGAINST coming straight down out of your knee lift. I’m pretty sure I’m not alone in this one.

[quote=“dm59”]Tanner. As you know, I would strongly recommend AGAINST coming straight down out of your knee lift. I’m pretty sure I’m not alone in this one.[/quote]yea, i was jus agreeing that i saw i was comin down to the right haha