Pitching video - any advice

My high school’s pre season is just about to start and I’d like to know if my mechanics are on the right track or not.

Two short clips, I plan on recording better ones soon

any feedback would be great

you’re hs pre-season is starting?..you must be in florida or arizona, huh?

it looks like when you finish your follow through that your arm comes flying back up, it’s like it rebounds back … that’s supposedly the reaction of this muscle in the back of your shoulder that’s snapping your arm back like a rubber band… supposedly this isn’t ideal and you shouldn’t whip your arm across your body as much so as to avoid putting so much stress on that muscle…

nevada actually, really cold
mostly just conditioning right now

now I know why the back of my shoulder is usually sore after I throw I guess

…and, other than stress, does it effect the way you pitch?

I don’t think it really effects the way you pitch so much…

A way to avoid that rubber band stratch/snap is to kind of move your upper body towards first base with the follow through… of course, this would take you out of ideal fielding position … and I’m not so sure it’s worth it to change your across the body whip action just to spare the back of your shoulder, which for all you know will never result in serious injury.

One thing I think I might see in that first video, where you have a different colored shirt than your pants, is that it looks like when you release the ball that your front hip has not rotated fully, and its almost like you’re throwing over the side of your hip. But the video is not so clear, and I’m no expert.

But you look pretty good to me. Do you throw hard. It looks like your arm is really coming forward pretty fast.

It’s hard to say for sure, since I can’t go frame by frame through the clip, but you look above average to me. I like how your lower body leads your stride and your timing looks good.

The back of your shoulder probably hurts because the muscles that accelerate your arms are probably bigger than the muscles that slow down your arm. Are you doing anything to work all the muscles of your rotator cuff or are you just doing things like bench presses.

You could also be cutting your follow-through short, which can cause problems in the back of your shoulder.

I think Andy Pettitte had problems for this reason…

Actually, i don’t know. I’ve had one pitch gunned and it was a 68 curve 1 year ago
and

[quote=“Chris O’Leary”]Are you doing anything to work all the muscles of your rotator cuff or are you just doing things like bench presses.

You could also be cutting your follow-through short, which can cause problems in the back of your shoulder.
[/quote]
I dont really do any workouts, rarely lift, just active a lot.
I’ll try to get a better clip soon from different angles and with better quality so you’ll be able to look at it frame by frame.

thanks for the responses too.