Pitching Question and Advice

hey guys hows it going.

I was wondering what are some more things i can do as a pitcher. Like i know that when it comes to position players like catching and 3rd base that they do alot of batting.
LEts face it they can do batting for however long they want.

Not the same for pitching though. You can’t throw for 3 hours straight at maximum velocity it just won’t happen.

My question: What else can i do for pitching. LIke i do alot of long toss and i do a lot of pitching off the mound. Are their any good mechanic drills i can do. And will mechanic drills increase my velocity? I can throw 80mph pretty consistent. And i touched 84mph as my fastest pitch this year.

Is it also okay to do batting if you are a pitcher or will that screw things up. I was thinking maybe doing 1-2 hours a day of batting on top of all my pitching drills. Its summer time so i concentrate on baseball.

[quote=“baseballkid111”]
LEts face it they can do batting for however long they want.

Not the same for pitching though. You can’t throw for 3 hours straight at maximum velocity it just won’t happen.
[b]
My question: What else can i do for pitching. LIke i do alot of long toss and i do a lot of pitching off the mound. Are their any good mechanic drills i can do. And will mechanic drills increase my velocity?.[/quote]

Try crossing your arms while going through your motion, this allows you to finetune and learn your body’s mechanics without putting stress on your arm.

I think its fine for a pitcher who plays another position to practice batting. In fact it can help. The lower body in both a pitching motion and swing are very similar.