Pitching mechs revised

1)back view
2)side view
3)bottom feet view
4)Front side view

this is the order of the videos

please analyze this and tell me what im doing wrong or right. i made the new vidios because on my first one the quality was bad and it was a bad angle so i got a new camera an new angles so please look at one and tell me what you think. i could care less if you totally bag on me and tell me what im doing wrong. i want the constructive critism. so please help me.

lol thanks couldnt get it right

No problem, easiest way is to put the links in then highlight and hit the youtube button.

Sorry I would comment but I’m running out of time and trying to do homework.

[quote=“Bower”]No problem, easiest way is to put the links in then highlight and hit the youtube button.

Sorry I would comment but I’m running out of time and trying to do homework.[/quote]

its all good. you an just do it later. i can wait lol. advice is advice and i want it

I gave you a quick look. I’m not the mehanics guy sorry to burst any bubbles. You seem to be pretty solid and I don’t see a lot of obvious mistakes.

But if someone cna’t help you the best things you can do are if you are familiar with Windwos Movie Maker and slowing down your videos. Taking 1 clip and slowing it down just for us to see can really help.

You have a great setup which is nice. You can throw all the time so you could have your mechanics down perfect if you spend some time here. But the best angle from what I understand to judge is the second video I believe but closer. Seeing a side view of your front while in the set position.

Just from seeing it I’d say the worst thing is that it might be hard to pick apart stuff without slow motinon. Some of the better analysis guys here could pick up on some stuff but it seems your so solid you would need slow motion to find mistakes.

EDIT: Oh don’t be a schmoe and introduce yourself. I’m out for the night though. Your mechanics looked pretty good though. Maybe enough to work on your pitch selection, see what pitches you throw. Just from reviewing some of your videos quickely would I be wrong to say fastball and curveball?

[quote=“Bower”]I gave you a quick look. I’m not the mehanics guy sorry to burst any bubbles. You seem to be pretty solid and I don’t see a lot of obvious mistakes.

But if someone cna’t help you the best things you can do are if you are familiar with Windwos Movie Maker and slowing down your videos. Taking 1 clip and slowing it down just for us to see can really help.

You have a great setup which is nice. You can throw all the time so you could have your mechanics down perfect if you spend some time here. But the best angle from what I understand to judge is the second video I believe but closer. Seeing a side view of your front while in the set position.

Just from seeing it I’d say the worst thing is that it might be hard to pick apart stuff without slow motinon. Some of the better analysis guys here could pick up on some stuff but it seems your so solid you would need slow motion to find mistakes.

EDIT: Oh don’t be a schmoe and introduce yourself. I’m out for the night though. Your mechanics looked pretty good though. Maybe enough to work on your pitch selection, see what pitches you throw. Just from reviewing some of your videos quickely would I be wrong to say fastball and curveball?[/quote]

wow thanks. thanks for helping… when my arm rests and i pitch again i will try to get a better side view closer. and i will look on my comp to see if i can slow it down a bit. oh man you are good lol yeah the first 5 are 2 seam fastball and last 5 is curveball

Dude, if thats a Rays hat all I have to say is “AWESOME” I’m finally not the only Rays fan here :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

When I saw the rays hat I was rethining giving him help. :smiley: :lol: :lol: :roll:

ll it is a rays hat. so now that i made you feel good analyze me lol

I’d like to see you work on the two things I mentioned in my previous post. You have a decent arm action and look like you throw reasonably hard. Once we get some repeatable mechs and you keep working on things like conditioning and diet (Keeping grades up as high as you can get them in the process). You’ll have an outstanding base in which you can tweak to max efficiency. Study up on arm health and maintenance and get yourself a plan…How many times a week you throw/long toss/bull pen, as well as when and how often you’ll condition. When will you rest. Having all that in place will get you way ahead of the pack…it will take discipline and desire…do you have it?

I sent my analysis to you yesterday (PM)

anything else???

I agree with what jdfromfla said. How’s your pickoff move to 1st though? Getting to a point where your mechs are repeatable is going to help you out a good deal. That comes with practice. Repetition. On a few of your throws in the various videos, it looks like you sometimes cut your stride short. Make sure you’re nice and long and getting that good follow through!

oh okay thanks i see what you mean. and im ging to work on that, and btw my pickoff is nice. i didnt get alot of pickoffs this year cuz word got out that i got a good move so they were like o tp of the bag. but i did pickoff a varsity player in a summer ball high school game

Here’s my assessment:

(1) Too much side-to-side head movement. In the rear view video, notice how your head detours off to the glove side. This contributes to your falling off to the glove side. In the front view, although it’s tough to tell for sure, it looks like your head moves toward 1B as you go into knee lift. You can eliminate that by introducing a slight bend forward at the waist in your initial stance. Then you’ll already be in that position instead of adjusting into that position during your delivery.
(2) You have a bit of a posture issue whereby you lean to the glove side starting about during shoulder rotation.
(3) Your glove finishes too far out to the side and a bit too low. This contributes to the posture issue and to early shoulder rotation which both of which contribute to your falling off to the glove side.
(4) You need earlier momentum. In other words, you need to get your hips moving forward sooner - like right before the peak of your knee lift. And you need to do so without sacrificing your knee lift height.
(5) Your back foot lifts early due to spinning out caused by all of the above. Ideally, the back foot will drag until ball release and then lift.
(6) Your stride is shorter than it could be due also to (1), (2) and (3).

Put the focus on 1-4. 5 and 6 should take care of themselves as should your stride length.