Pitching mechanics

God Bless all

So…you took our advice, then you’re trying to prove us wrong. Good Work.

you prick ive been watching your posts for sometime now and i have to say you don’t deserve half as much attention as these people on this site give you for all your back talk and arguing…as for keeping it simple that is the very trait that you lack because you always refer to different little bity things on your mechanics…now im never against altering mechanics to make you better but you never stayed consistent to give yourself a chance and by the way you haven’t fixed yourself to perfection your arm is still TOO LOW and you are PUSHING THE BALL! So be greatful for the time these people put up with you and good luck to you in the future as a pitcher but unless you learn to be coachable you will have difficulties at the next levels and that i can promise you entirely being a college pitcher myself. Sorry for going against your wishes and posting when you said not to but something had to be said to put information in that thick head you sometimes have…
I admire your work ethic but I will say your flaw in not mechanical, but is in your personality to be courteous and objective with other people’s opinions, especially the ones who attempt to help you

hee hee hee :rofl2: He’s really a riot, isn’t he?

Guys. Maybe if we just ignore him, he’ll go away because he’s not getting the attention he’s so desperately seeking.

God Bless Everyone

lol i noticed the same exact thing… even when it comes to exercises he breaks everything down to the smallest detail, which is not necessarily a bad thing, but in no way in any shape or form would i call anything that you talk about in your posts “keeping it simple”

This is not his problem.

Many pitchers’ (e.g. Greg Maddux) elbows stay lower than people think.

RIStar’s problem is that he’s got a HUGE timing problem (his shoulders start rotating well before his PAS forearm is vertical) that makes it look like he’s pushing the ball. You can see this by going through the slow motion video frame by frame.

This will eventually destroy both his elbow and his shoulder.

that’s bigger than kerry wood. Great example of rushing.

God Bless

I guess you gotta ask yourself this question RiStar, how much better do you want to get?

If I’m a young pitcher on this website, I’m on here all the time trying to soak up as much valuable information as I can. I’d be curious to know what you thought was so invaluable to yourself? I looked at all those threads, and I really can’t find anything wrong with the advice that anybody was giving you. I’ve been in disagreements with people on this site and have learned alot from it. It’s actually changed my view on a couple things.

The key to this site is to keep an open mind. We are all trying to learn from eachother. Comeon RiStar settle down over there! Come back to Earth man.

[quote]This is not his problem.

RIStar’s problem is that he’s got a HUGE timing problem (his shoulders start rotating well before his PAS forearm is vertical) that makes it look like he’s pushing the ball. You can see this by going through the slow motion video frame by frame.

This will eventually destroy both his elbow and his shoulder.[/quote]

Sorry Chris I agree with what you’re saying and that was actually the point i was trying to make but i didn’t word it properly i like the way you put it into words but exactly his arm doesn’t get into the power position at all and that can hurt him alot down the road.

This is not his problem.

This will eventually destroy both his elbow and his shoulder.[/quote]

yes chris but remember the fact that grag maddux throws slow compared to other pitcher such as clemens. i agree with the fact that shoulder and arm problems are imminent but i slightly disagree with your reasoning… not saying that i DO know the reason but the one you gave isnt sure-fire…

as to Ri Star why are you in this site if you are not going to soak in everything you can, i just turned 16 january 2nd and have only been pitching for 2 and a half years and ever since i reached this site i have done nothing but improve in my mechanics as you can see by my 2 previous posts both which were only 3 months apart i am still nowhere near great i am throwing max 83 but i will only get better by learning we are trying to help but if you wont take it you can pay the medical bill for a destroyed arm and while you are looking at it look back and ask yourself why didnt you keep an open mind on a site that you posted on all the time… and if that is the case please stop posting and wasting other peoples time which you clearly are not interested in :?

i completely agree what you said about timing problems… but an arm TOO low is never good

:lol: @ the irony of a topic called “pitching mechanics” where we arn’t suppose to discuss mechanics. :roll:

Great RiStar, I apploud your ability to learn “perfect” mechanics. Really, it must have been hard. Now do it with a baseball in your hand! Your dry throwing which shows us nothing at all. Sure you can get these said perfect mechanics but your going nowhere fast when it comes to actualy learning to pitch. Not only is it hard to throw strikes consistently, its a hell of a lot harder to do something with a 5oz weight the same as without.

Get on a mound, throw a real ball- and try to get a k-bb ratio of 3-1. Its more then posting youtube vids, more then talking down other people with valid oppinions, and more then acting like your the next cy young. It takes work, real work.

How does no one else see this?

Of course hes rushing - he dosn’t have a ball!
Of course hes opening up too early - he dosn’t have a ball!
Of course hes going to change these mechs in a real game - he dosn’t have a ball!

And of course his heads in the clouds - he dosnt have a clue.

And for the record, Chris O’Learly is one smart guy.

God Bless

And here I thought you left us?

Get a better camera angle RI, seriosuly man.

[quote=“RIstar”]I throw 6 day’s a week 100 pitches a day at 70% MPH and if you look at my latest videos on you tube they are all with a ball.

So you are wrong?

www.youtube.com/jay21328

Sorry but look again I DO NOT DRY THROW[/quote]

AHHHH!! He’s back!!!

I knew he couldn’t stay away. Dang Ri, 100 pitches a day, I wonder how many of those could be quality throws…hmmm…