Pitching mechanics

Hi everybody. I’m 14 years old, and am hoping to pitch a lot this year, so if you guys could check out the video below and let me know what you guys think, that would be awesome! I know that I throw low-3/4 and I’m not really looking to change that since I’ve thrown that way my entire life, and my fastball is in the low-seventies. Any tips on my pitching that I could improve on would be greatly appreciated. Sorry about the crappy video quality :oops: Thanks!

Gibson,

Just a few things that I noticed.

1. You do alot of things really well. You have nice lower body action and a clean arm action. I would honestly not tinker with that stuff right now

2. the one thing I am noticing is that you fly open with your glove. If you pause right around :47 you may get what I’m talking about.

Watch how Lincecum’s glove moves comparing it to yours. Notice how it stays over his front knee.

Work on that one thing and you will have better command and velocity. Although your arm slot will likely change, but don’t worry about it. You will be simply more efficient and it will likely not be a conscious change.