Pitching mechanics- THE TILT

what does “the tilt” do when u pitch. i noticed yankees pitching prospect dellin betances also does the tilt. if u guys dont know who he is type is name on youtube. i noticed i also tilt my body when i pitch. is this a bad thing. what are the pros n cons

Can you describe what you mean by “the tilt”? What direction is the tilt? Back toward second base? Side to side towards 1st for a RHP or towards 3rd for a RHP?

Dellin Betances is 6’8" and this tilt helps him maintain his balance as well as allow him to lead with the hips and keep the the upper body back.

Ubaldo Jimenez does something similar.

www.chrisoleary.com

it shows one kind of tilt
refering to yout upper body during your follow through and release

[quote=“kelvinp”]www.chrisoleary.com

it shows one kind of tilt
refering to yout upper body during your follow through and release[/quote]
here we go with chris o’ leary again :roll:

Seriously. If i had a nickel for every time KelvinP reffered to Chris O’leary I wouldn’t need to play in the majors.

hey
he about tilt
tilt is on chris’s website
what did i do wrong

[quote=“kelvinp”]hey
he about tilt
tilt is on chris’s website
what did i do wrong[/quote]Chris generally has his own definition of things. I was asking for what loco123 was referring to.

i was referring to a small tilt toward 2nd base

oh
like jimenez

it seems like it would get your momentum going towards the plate better

he throws in the upper 90’s

andew brown also has it

how does the tilt help him throw high 90’s

[quote=“loco123”]andew brown also has it

how does the tilt help him throw high 90’s[/quote]

I’m sure Brown can throw high 90’s without the tilt. The tilt helps him with balance and can allow him to create leverage with his arms. The glove arm goes up while the throwing arm goes down during the stride. The shoulders will level out into footplant. Then after footplant, the glove arm pulls down and the throwing arm gets “pulled” up. This causes the shoulders to tilt the opposite way from when he was striding. It’s like a see-saw or teeter totter type action.

Also keep in mind Andrew Brown is tall at 6’6".

what it be Ok, if i have “mechs” like andrew brown

wud that be a good thing or bad thing, cuz we look pretty similar

except he throw upper 90’s n im 78-83