Pitching Mechanics - Please Help Thank You

Im 16 a junior in high school i recently attended the arizona fall classic and i threw 3 innings 1 unearned run and 4 Ks

I top out at 88 but for my size 6’4’’ 205 I think i’m capable of hitting mid 90’s please help thank you[/youtube]

Hard to tell because the shot is sideways but, your mechanics look solid to me. Maybe just a little more shoulder separtation.

Btw: get back on the chat room.

I agree with Pustulio about your overall mechanics looking solid. It’s also hard to argue with 88. I’d be very hesitant to mess with details of your mechanics right now and I would also recommend against consciously attempting to get more separation, for fear of reducing the smoothness of your delivery. A focus on a particular thing like that has the potential to get the timing of the parts a bit jerky.

My recommendation is to toy with your momentum generation. You seem a bit slow in the stride. Try to stride harder and for a bit longer period of time. You seem to be in the slow - slow - fast camp but it’s hard to really tell from only a front view, with my head tilted to the left. :slight_smile:

How about just thinking of generating sideways momentum that increases as the stride progresses, then the front leg puts on the brakes so it all transfers into a more forceful torso rotation. Don’t clutter your head with a million mechanical things right now. You don’t need that with those mechanics. Simplify things for a bit and see what happens.

Overall man that’s some solid mechanics. Are you able to post that video the right side up?

16 with your size and 88, keep working hard at what you’re doing and you should continue to increase in velocity.

I forgot to include this in my post, I really like that suggestion.

Remember not everyone can throw upper 80’s. Not everyone has your size. That could all really benefit you. I wouldn’t be surprised to see you going pro or to a Div. 1 school. From our chat it sounds like with that fastball and your change-up you could be successful. One small thing I noticed is that I think maybe landing on your toes instead of your heel could help. It was hard to tell but it looked like you were landing on your heels. Consult dm and Wales first though, I’m no expert.

so i should step on my toes…a faster stride…and whatelse? thanks for the help though guys

Well don’t take my advice unless one of the more experienced members confirms it.

hey Pustulio how come I never seen a video of your mechanics. I highly doubt your mechanics are perfect

When did he ever say that his mech’s were perfect? I’ve never read or heard him say that when we’ve been in the chat together.

Plus what exactly is the definition of Perfect Pitching Mechanics?

[quote]When did he ever say that his mech’s were perfect? I’ve never read or heard him say that when we’ve been in the chat together.[/quote] I never said he said that I just wondering how his mechanics are

[quote]Plus what exactly is the definition of Perfect Pitching Mechanics?[/quote] I don’t think there really is perfect mechanics

I said nothing about my own mechanics. I feel confident in mine, I take the critique from these to find what mistakes I am making myself to help me. I don’t feel it’s necessary to have a video on here.

I made the toe statement because that’s something that helps me, idk if it’s universal or not.

Like I said earlier I’m not an expert and someone else should confirm my mechanics statements.

Don’t go attacking someone for no reason with no relevance to anything they said. It’s not a good idea kaz.

this was supposed to help me not argue about stuff…please is there anything else i need help with?

Do you have a Pitching Instructor or a knowledgeable Pitching Coach?

not really i never really learned until this year when i started going to pitching showcases and such…why do you ask?

One would be able to help you if you get some quality instruction more so then reading something and trying to apply what you’ve read, especially if you’ve mis-read something since you stated that you’ve just recently started Pitching.

[quote]I said nothing about my own mechanics. I feel confident in mine, I take the critique from these to find what mistakes I am making myself to help me. I don’t feel it’s necessary to have a video on here.

I made the toe statement because that’s something that helps me, idk if it’s universal or not.

Like I said earlier I’m not an expert and someone else should confirm my mechanics statements.
[/quote]

I believe you

I wasn’t attacking you I has just wondering why,no need to get all snippy at me

Sorry about that Quick question though what is the Arizona Fall classic I never heard of it could you give me a basic idea about it?

Arizona Fall Classic
http://www.azfallclassic.com/

That link should help you out.

thanks diesel :d

[quote=“gichewie24”]so i should step on my toes…[/quote]I would be careful about this cue. How about the inside edge of the foot instead?