Pitching Mechanics, new video

here is some new video, pitching starts at :35.

help is appreciated

Are you still throwing 75-79 mph?

Your mechanics look pretty good. I would work on your hip/torso separation. I struggle with this as well. You and me both will benefit from a better separation between the two.

I have been doing a broom drill. You basically just hold the broom behind my back and go down my down and out. I really feel the separation.

Other than that your mechanics looked good.

If you’re still at the velocity range, you should work harder in the weight room and get on a good throwing program.

Hope this helps.

Peace!

yea, i get better triple extension now and lead with my hips more so i have a little bit longer stride and better hip/shoulder separation.

id also say im probably in the 77-82mph range

do you have that 3x pitching program?

if you do what do you think of it and what does it contain?

I’m just curious about it because my parents don’t want me to get that, but i don’t think I really do now because I have been gain velocity on my own.

[quote=“jimster”]do you have that 3x pitching program?

if you do what do you think of it and what does it contain?

I’m just curious about it because my parents don’t want me to get that, but i don’t think I really do now because I have been gain velocity on my own.[/quote]

no i dont, but ive watched a lot of the analysis on youtube, so i learned all the things he teaches and i really agree with it, its helped my gain velocity for sure.

reaching triple extension before landing seems to benefit me and a lot of major leaguers do it, so id say go for it, you dont have to purchase the program, just lead with the hips and get your back leg extended just before landing, its worked great for me.

I agree. That is one of the things that has made me not want to get the program. He tells you everything that is in it. And it’s just a matter of hard work to get to that position and to gain velocity.

I have the 3x program and it just contains a lot of 2 lb medicine ball exercises, same medicine ball exercises as throwing exercises, a lifting program and some nutrition. It also goes into depth about 3x.

I’ve been studying pitching mechanics for 5 years now and its the only program I think makes sense to me. It scientifically and anatomically makes sense.

do you think you could explain 3x more and post the medicine ball exercises? those are they two things i would have probably gotten the program for. I already have a good condiditoning program, from Kent State University.

if you can I understand. i just think an explanations of 3x pitching in more depth and the med. ball drills would be of most benefit to me.

Thanks!

You can also PM them to me if that’s easier.

I really want them retty please!! ;p

Here’s a video from the 3x website forum - shows all the exercises.

Thanks!