Pitching Log

EDIT: I’M GUESSING I’M NOT GETTING FEEDBACK BECAUSE THIS VIDEO ISN’T WORKING BUT A FEW POSTS DOWN IS A VIDEO. PLEASE WATCH AND GIVE FEEDBACK.

So today was video day of our fall tryouts/practice. I personally was working on controlling my leg after I raise it, like I wanted a more controlled drive instead of a rapid one that I had.

My coach already pointed out that instead of bringing my arm straight back after separation(towards second base) I bring it back behind me(towards the second baseman). He also, said he didn’t like how I dropped my hands because that wastes energy, but he didn’t say that I NEED to change it since it’s something I’ve been doing for awhile, but if it becomes a problem during the season that’s the first thing to change.

I just noticed while watching that my back foot isn’t flat against the rubber when I pitch so I’m guessing that takes something off my pitches.

Anyway, ANY AND ALL CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM IS MORE THAN WELCOME.

[wmp]file:///J:/pitching/MOV08678.MPG[/wmp]

is the video not working or is it just my computer(really old)? IT says that a pug-in is missing so is that my bad on posting the vid or is it just my computer?

It isn’t working for me either.

Just blank for me also, I downloaded the required plugin and still nothing, you need to upload the video to youtube and do it that way.

Alright this is from youtube so hopefully it works. Also, the reason this is called “pitching log” is because each week or two we are supposed to be getting recorded to see our progress. So I want to keep uploading so I can keep getting more feedback and implement any helpful tips.

One more thing I noticed is my front foot. It looks like I’m opening it up but I’m still not falling over because it looks like it’s also rolling a little bit. Is that a big problem or am I just over analyzing?

bump, sorry.

Front leg is giving instead of bracing. Its a subtle art form. I doubt your leg does the same thing when you try to throw very far. Why do YOU think it does that?

it looks like your front foot opens early and your front side pulls your drive leg through. Front knee flexes and rolls instead of bracing up.