Pitching log...i think

Haven’t posted here in a while but I’m gonna start to keep some stats here. Right now I’m in babe ruth league 14-15. I’ll update after every game and this is just a topic to keep my stats somewhere even if they wont be that good. (hopefully they will)

Hitting:
AB: 10
Hits: 5
Walks: 3
RBI: 10
AVG: .714
Doubles: 2
Triples: 0
Stolen bases: 7
Homeruns: 0 (Mostly likely this will stay 0 but I put it here anyway)

Pitching:
W: 0
L: 0
Saves: 0
I.P: 2 1/3
Hits: 1
Walks: 1
Strike outs: 5
ERA: 3.86 (got it from TomorrowsPro)
WHIP: 0.86 (got it from TomorrowsPro)

Game 1: Pitched to 1 batter who poped up a pitch foul to 1st base. Good control with the fastball. Fastball was my only pitch since it was first game situation since last August (maybe July).

Game2: Pitched 2 innings with 5 k’s against a scrub team. Fastball I had good command and the change up and splitter were no where near as good as they should have been. Gotta work on that a little bit to get as much control with those as my fastball. I think it’s just my release point that I need to tweak a little and I should be fine. I pitch with much more control from the stretch and need to work more on the wind up. (walked first batter of the game from the wind up and he score on a double which was their only hit). I usually pitch from the stretch but I wanted to try the wind up since it’s just the preseason but I’m just gonna stick with the stretch from now on and practice the wind up. (quick note: their 1st pitcher hit 8 or 9 of our batters so he got kicked out of the game)

Game 3: No pitching but my batting was alright. 2 singles. 1 should have been a double MAYBE triple. I was half way to 2nd and the kid in front of me stopped at 2nd and the ball was still in the outfield. Other than that I got 3 steals and got hit in the neck (throat) by a baseball (stealing 2nd) but not hard so I was alright. That and I got hit in the stomach stealing 3rd.

Every 3 games I’m gonna do a new post

Hitting:
AB: 20
Hits: 11
Walks: 4
RBI: 17
AVG: .687
Strikeouts: 1
Doubles: 3
Triples: 2
Stolen bases: 8
Homeruns: 0

Pitching:
W: 1
I.P: 5 1/3
Hits: 4
Walks: 5
Strike outs: 9
ERA: 3.52 (http://www.baseballtips.com/era.html)
WHIP: 1.76(http://www.csgnetwork.com/baseballwhipstatscalc.html)
Earned Runs 2
Unearned Runs 3

Game 4: Weird day. I played for both teams and I played 3rd and pitched. I would play 3rd and go to pitch and then back to 3rd. Theior team had no coach and not enough players but we only had 9. Our main coach coached them and I played for them. The team I played for won but I guess I also lost since I beat my actual team. Anyway today I had bad change up control. MUST work on it for next time I start. Slider I threw twice and struck out 1 on it and the other was a strike 2. Fastball was decent control but my arm was sore today but I just never told the coach. Final notes: I walked a lot today and control was a little off and change up needs work. I did get a strike out with it but I also hit a batter.

Game 5: No pitching today. 2-4 with a triple and a single and 2 rbis. Stolen base (im 8-8 with stolen bases) and we won 21-4.

Game 6: No pitching again. The ump was terrible and had an inconsistant strike zone. He did not know the counts during 3 or 4 at bats. Anyway I got a triple (Could have been an inside the park homerun but my coach stopped me at third and the ball just got it to the cut off. None of kids on the other team had a good arm) Then got a double and a throwing error to the cut off let me get to third. I struck out on a terrible pitch and I have no idea why I even swung but oh well. The game was a 5-5 tie and a kid on our team got ejected from plowing into the catcher.

Hitting:
AB: 26
Hits: 13
Walks: 5
RBI: 18
AVG: .619
Triples: 2
Stolen bases: 11

Pitching:
Saves: 1
I.P: 8 1/3
Hits: 7
Walks: 6
Strike outs: 15
ERA: 2.22 (http://www.baseballtips.com/era.html)
WHIP: 1.605(http://www.csgnetwork.com/baseballwhipstatscalc.html)
Earned Runs 2
Unearned Runs 6

Game 7: I was a reliever today. 3 innings with 6k’s and 1 walk. 2 ground outs and a short fly ball. I threw just 1 slider for a stirke three and I threw few change-ups still working on control so I’m not gonna throw it that much in a game yet. Catcher kept throwing past 2nd base and fielders kept missing ground balls. They got 3 unearned off me but we still won. Hitting was not that great today but it will be better next game.
Work on: I think my fastball control is pretty good right now so more work on that and I hope to have great control instead of pretty good. Change-up still needs work, I am releasing a little to soon and this week I’ll work on it more. The only slider I threw today was good and more work on that and hopefully I can use it a lot more but I am beingcareful how much I use it.

Game 8: No pitching. I went 1-2 with a walk and a base hit with 2 steals. This was my worst game so far. I was going to pitch the last inning of the game but they decided to keep the same pitcher form the 6th inning in. Last Babe Ruth pre-season game, real games start next week.

Hitting:
AB: 13
RBI: 4
AVG: .556
Doubles: 2
Stolen bases: 11

Pitching:
I.P: 6
Hits: 4
Walks: 2
Strike outs: 4
ERA: 0.00 (http://www.baseballtips.com/era.html)
WHIP: 1.00(http://www.csgnetwork.com/baseballwhipstatscalc.html)
Earned Runs 0
Unearned Runs 9

Game 1 and Game 2: No pitching these two games but Tuesday (Game 3) I will start. I struck out once when I definitly should have killed the ball but I was a little to far in front of it. I got a double in Game 2 but tripped in the batters box (the left fielder also played far out) and in Game 1 my coach told me to stop when I was at second and I could have made it to third. I stole 4 bases in each game (stole home in Game 2) other than that not much happened. Our teams pitching is decent but it should be better than it is right now. (That and our infield will make a lot of errors in one inning and then almost none the rest of the game)

Game 3: Absolutely ridiculous. Our defence the last two games has been terrible. The team got 9 UNearned runs against us. I threw some slow sliders so I guess I wasn’t putting too much pressure on my arm. Almost everyone of them were strikes and about 3 were balls. I threw a lot of them (around 25) and only 1 kid made contact and grounded out. Not the greatest day at the plate but the right fielder played really far back and I hit 1 over his head and I missed 1st base… :oops: . So I had to go back and tag it and only got a single. I flew out to him twice the balls went really high so I am still getting under them. My pitching was pretty good but not a lot of strikeouts only 4k in 6. Our defence really needs work.
Quick side note. At the end of the 6th my coach told me I threw over 100 pitches but my arm did not hurt at all. I think he made a big mistake because I don’t think I threw over or close to 100. (we runruled them bottom 6th so we had no 7th inning)

Hitting:
AB: 24
Hits: 9
Walks: 7
RBI: 10
AVG: .533
Strikeouts: 3
Stolen bases: 17

Pitching:
W: 2
I.P: 10
Strike outs: 11
ERA: 0.90 (http://www.baseballtips.com/era.html)
WHIP: 0.900(http://www.csgnetwork.com/baseballwhipstatscalc.html)
Earned Runs 1
Unearned Runs 9

Game 4: I found out on Tuesday I threw 106 pitches and my arm felt fine after the game and the next day. Then yesterday (Thursday) my arm felt fine but I couldn’t pitch (wasn’t allowed to) and the only thing that really happened was I keep diping with my right knee (bat righty) and I keep hitting the ball pretty high. I hit a couple at least 300 (fence is 320 and it almost hit it on the fly took 1 bounce to hit the fence) and I went 2-3 with a Double, Single, walk, fly out.

Game 5: No pitching (but I pitch today, Sunday). went 1-3 :frowning: with a K :frowning: grounded out (almost safe) and base hit. Got 3 rbis and 1 sb. Thats all for this game. (we won 14-3)

Game 6: Started today. 4 innings with 7k’s. Once again only 1 kid made contact with my slow slider. No one has gotten a hit yet (batters are not that good though) off the slow slider. I gave up 1 hit and 2 walks and 1 earned run. (I figured it out and my ERA and WHIP are somehow the same). batting was not that good. 2 walks 1 hit 1k. When I struck out the catcher didn’t catch it (it was possible the worst pitch of the game and yet I swung :frowning: ) so I beat the throw to first. Avtually I do not think he even threw it… I also got 3 steals. I walked twice in a row my last two at bats and stole 2nd after I walked both times. No one was paying attention at SS or 2B so I got to to 1st waited a little and stole when the pitch got set. 57 pitches.

Hitting:
AB: 31
Hits: 10
Walks: 9
RBI: 11
AVG: .476
Strikeouts: 7
Stolen bases: 19
Sacrifice Hit: 1

Pitching:
W: 3
I.P: 17
Hits: 7
Walks: 7
Strike outs: 21
ERA: 0.529 (http://www.baseballtips.com/era.html)
WHIP: 0.824(http://www.csgnetwork.com/baseballwhipstatscalc.html)
Earned Runs 1
Unearned Runs 10
Pitch Count 259

Game 7: Worst game ever. 0-3 3k’s. The strikezone was below my knees and outside so I stuck out on a ball I couldn’t reach…twice. Anyway no pitching.

Game 8: Continue to slump today. 0-1 1k, 1BB, 1SB. Pitched 2 innings 3k, 1BB, 1 Hit.
Pitching is good but I tried to change how I bat by nopt dipping my knee so much and now I can’t even hit the ball. I am going to go back to dipping my knee (on purpose) and then work on my swing more in the off season. 1 Save. woo. 30 pitches.

Game 9: I went back to my old swing. WOO I got 1 hit 1 walk 1 pop up and 1 sacrifice hit (almosty a gradslam missed by a couple of feet. It drove in the mercy rule run and we won. 5innnings 7K 2BB 1Hit. Weird shoulder discomfort. 66 pitches.

Hitting:
AB: 39
Hits: 12
Walks: 10
RBI: 15
AVG: .428
Strikeouts: 7
Stolen bases: 24
Sacrifice Hit: 1

Pitching:
W: 4
I.P: 19
Hits: 8
Walks: 8
Strike outs: 27
ERA: 0.474 (http://www.baseballtips.com/era.html)
WHIP: 0.842(http://www.csgnetwork.com/baseballwhipstatscalc.html)
Earned Runs 1
Unearned Runs 11
Pitch Count 291 (259)

Game 10: No pitching but I pitch tomorrow. Batting was ok I got on top of the ball today but my batting troubles seem to be over. I hit an infield fly with the bases loaded but it got into the outfield. It’s not like it barely got into the outfield it went at least 20 feet. The ump called it to protect the runners but no one caught it so it took a hit away from me and probably 1 more rbi. I hit the ball of the black cap thing on the bat too and it went pretty high. Base hit and 1 FC and a ground out that I almost beat out (out by 1 step). 3 rbi’s n 1 Sb which brings me to 20.

Game 11: 2 innings (kid after me pitched two and then someone else pitched 1). 6K, 1 hit, and 1 walk. The kid that hit it hit the edge of the outfield grass and it took a weird hop, the center fielder threw it home (hit edge of grass by home plate) which also took a weird bounce that went no where near the catcher and if it was close to the catcher we would have gotten the kid out by a mile. 4 SB 1 hit 1 walk. (stole home woo)

question about 1st post how come it said you were 5-10 with is .500 batting average but you said it was .714

walks?

As I remember a walk doesn’t count as an official at bat. Because I remember on game BJ Upton (TB D-RAYS) went 0-0 with three walks in a game against the Yankees.

Sorry haven’t been looking at this lately but I included walks in my ABs (I just took off the walks from ABs when I went to figure out the average) I know that wasn;t very smart to do sorry about that hope this helps

I’ve decided to keep my fallballpitching stats on here.

W:2
L:0
S:0
IP:15
H:9
K:36
BB:9
HBP:0
ERA:1.80
Earned Runs:3
UNEarned Runs:2
Pitch Count: 190 (gotta change this its only updated for 12 innings)