Pitching lessons long island

Hello, I am offering private pitching lessons at any park or public indoor facility in Suffolk and Nassau county. The first lesson is FREE, and beyond that it is only $20 PER HOUR.
I am a pitcher myself, and threw up to 88 mph. Everyone I teach is backed up by science and studies previously done by the top scientists in the world. WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE?!?!?!

I work with ANY age group, and GUARANTEE U WILL ADD AT LEAST 5-10 MPH ON YOUR FASTBALL BEFORE SPRING BALL, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!!!

If interested (first lesson is free, why not do it?) call or text me at: 631-245-9133. You could also email me at: japper2277@yahoo.com.

Once again, the first lesson is FREE, so try it once, with no further obligations. My name is Jared Apper.

I’m just looking to help people throw harder and not get them get hurt, because I know, first hand, how detrimental a bad pitching coach could have of a person.

Welcome aboard! You know, I remember someone saying that no pitching coach is better than a lousy one, and I totally agree with that sentiment. I’m curious, having had more than 20 years of experience on the mound—what problems did you have with your coach that prompted you to make that statement, and what moved you to change? I’d like to know. It would be interesting to compare notes. 8)

I got hurt from this guy who said I have perfect mechanics

O-U-C-H!!! That guy must have learned to pitch in a bathtub! I remember one day I was discussing the subject of mechanics—of pitchers doing different things with them or not doing anything at all—with my pitching coach, and I made that remark when we talked about one guy who evidently didn’t know his elbow from third base. We both absolutely cracked up. But seriously, this creature didn’t do you any favors; it sounds to me as if he didn’t even want to bother.
Grist for the mill: if my coach were still with us this would have been excellent material for a book he was thinking of writing on “How Not To Coach”. :shock:

Ok I’ll bite… I’ve got nothing better to do right now.

Care to explain the science aspect and these studies done by the world’s top scientists that you’re claiming?

You’re guarantee is a pretty hefty guarantee, especially in this business that you’re entering into.

Wales, I too would like an explanation. I think we both need to know what’s up with this guy who suddenly pops up, not only here on “general pitching advice” but also on “youth pitching”—who knows where he’ll turn up next?—and I for one really want to know more about his experience with that coach who told him he had perfect mechanics, how it affected him. Yes, he talks the talk—but can he walk the walk? Should prove most interesting… :roll:

Pitching and “Top Scientist”??? I’ve been around a long time I guess I haven’t been reading the right articles, so I googled “scientific study on pitching” and guess what pops up…Dr. Mike Marshall, second one is a cure all pitching tool and the third is the NY times article on curve balls etc. You aren’t Mike Marshall are you?

I’m also interested… It is a big guarantee you’re making.

MIKE MARSHALL??? Heaven forbid! That guy is like a bad penny, keeps popping up. I’ve had just about enough of him. A few years back, while I was researching a SABR presentation on pitching coaches, I had occasion to go out to Zephyrhills (Fl.) to talk to him, find out where he was coming from, and I had a bellyful of him and his ideas. It was all I could do to keep from bringing up the subject of how come he lost more games than he won, among other negative aspects. I couldn’t wait to get out of there.
I have a strong feeling that Mr. J. Apper is about to head down a dangerous road. But I’m not going to say anything to him. Let him find out for himself.

Zita, I didn’t want to be the first to throw out the negative thoughts of Marshall, but it is the first thing to pop up if you google those term so…what are we to think.

I know one thing: I am not about to get involved in any heated disputes regarding Mike Marshall. One encounter with him was enough.

I know I am probaby stating the obvious here, but, given the price he is charging and the way it is written, Im guessing this is a kid looking to make a little extra money. I certainly have no problem with that. I have no problem with that. I also believe that a kid could (a big “could”) have a good knowledge of pitching and mechanics and be a good teacher, espcially to younger kids. But, making big claims on this board…I think he bit off more than he can chew.

I’m with you there, fearsome. Anyone looking for a pitching coach needs to tread carefully. I have the same feeling you do, that this person has indeed bitten off more than he can chew, and he may be heading down a road loaded with pitfalls and potholes.
I was lucky. I had been pitching for a couple of years and was doing all right, self-taught as I was, but at age 16 I was bugged by a nagging curiosity about a pitch called a slider, and it prompted me to play hooky from school one nice September day and go to a Yankees-Indians game. I was hoping that maybe I could ask one of the Yankee pitchers about it, at least get some information about that pitch; and suddenly, without even knowing just how I knew, it hit me that lefthander Eddie Lopat was the one I would need to ask. I caught up with him after the game (which the Yankees won, 2-1), and all I could think of to say to him was "Excuse me, Mr. Lopat—could I ask you something?"
With four quiet words he had me in the palm of his hand, and when I told him I just wanted to ask him something about the slider his response was to draw me away from the mob of fans surrounding the clubhouse, to a clear space in front of the ballpark, and spend some minutes teaching me how to throw a good one. (He had a very good slider.) That led to some 3 1/2 years in which he became my de facto pitching coach, and what I learned from him in that time was nothing short of priceless. He helped me become a better pitcher than I had been before.
And not a sore arm or a sore shoulder or a sore elbow or a sore anything else. In my considered opinion, one could do worse than get advice and assistance from a professional—a major leaguer, perhaps. Just thought I’d let you know a little of my experience with a guy who was not only a top pitcher for the Yankees but also one of the finest pitching coaches anyone could ever hope to work with. Lucky, indeed. :smiley: