Pitching Help!

I just signed up for this web-site, I attend a D2 college and we do not have a pitching coach. I need desperate help with my change up, I am wanting to play at the next level, and I know how important it is to have a good change up…

Here is my problem…I have messed around with different change up grips in the past but right now i’ve been trying to throw a 2-Seam circle change up… The problem is it really has no movement, and any change up grip I try seams to always be high, or right down the middle…If you have any advice please let me know.

Thanks,
Matt

Welcome Matt! Post some of your specific pitching questions in the appropriate categories on this site. You’ll find a lot of excellent help. Glad you’re here :slight_smile:

Welcome aboard matt!

Since I throw a rather good change up, I will tell you how I throw my change up. I hold mine the classice way- three fingers across the seems with the pinky tucked back. Then I throw as hard as i would throw a fastball. I can feel the difference in the velocity. I also try to aim, bouncing a lot of the time, but that gets me into the sense of keeping it low as well. Good Luck