Pitching Help Tell Me What You Think

I know its a long video, but did anyone take a peek?

all i have to say is that when he lands with his front foot it should be pointing at the batter he lands sideways then rotates it you want to land with your toe pointing tor ward home plate look at 1:00 to about 1:31 and you’ll notice what i’m talking about. also it wont hurt if he has more of a finish(elbow to knee) but hes still young it shouldn’t matter much at all till he gets older.

You really need to post video in real-time; speed of movement and fluidity (no hesitation or herky-jerky motion) is just as important as body positioning.

Thanks for the input, I will video his next game this Sat and post for critique.

Thanks again.

How old is he? If you can get some video from directly behind the plate and from the open side it would be helpful.

Good luck,

Ted

He is 9. I will try and get some video.

Wow, I spent like 2 hours converting the video to the stills and then putting it together for this site, and no one seems to like it.

Live and learn.

Well if you glide through it it looks like he does a bunch of fundemental things right. The head is unstable, he is working hard to be stable on the frontside with his glove so the two are kinda fighting each other. The only thing…well the big thing that jumps out to me is his head moves a whole bunch, that scrunching up at the start is a kind of momentum builder but it causes his torso to be moving around. The head moving around means if he gets out of balance he has to correct…it messes up timing and hitting a target with your eyes moving is very difficult and somewhat haphazard.
Bring us some more vid as structure mentioned this is just one pitch. It is also whats called a paralax view so it is really hard to tell if he’s over-rotating, opening too far, many things.

I don’t think it’s bad, just have to let it load all the way to manipulate it.

Thank You much for the input. That was warm up between innings, so I’m not sure it was total focus. ’

I know you guys are gonna hate me, but I’ve got a cheap gun and he was hitting 54, 53 all game, struck out 9, 1 hit (a homer down the right line just fair) and 1 walk. ’

I know i shouldn’t do this, but he eats it up and really wants to hit 55.

Im just wondering.
When you still have the ball in your hand should your push off foot be a little in the air.
Look at 1:20 you will see what i mean

As JD said, Too much head movement in directions other than towards home plate. From starting position into knee lift, he bends forward taking his head towards 3B. Later in his delivery, he leans to the glove side taking his head towards 1B.

Get him to start with a bend in his waiste to cut out the head movement towards 3B. Then get him to keep his head level through ball release.

[quote=“deege”]Thank You much for the input. That was warm up between innings, so I’m not sure it was total focus. ’

I know you guys are gonna hate me, but I’ve got a cheap gun and he was hitting 54, 53 all game, struck out 9, 1 hit (a homer down the right line just fair) and 1 walk. ’

I know i shouldn’t do this, but he eats it up and really wants to hit 55.[/quote]
A lot of that will come as he grows. But, for now, optimizing his mechanics will help.

Oh I got you, have him start out leaning the top half slightly forward, so hes already there, no need to move.

Thanks again guys, he had elbow pain last fall due to overwork, hes on a better team this year w/ 3 quality pitchers. Never gos past 50 pitches in a game.