Pitching Drills

Do anyone know of any good pitching drills that would be benificial to do before doing flat ground or sides. (In before I mean 2 weeks-1 month before). So far I have done the Towel Drill and Balance Drill. Also, any other drills regarding all aspects of baseball would be greatly appricated.

Thanks

An excellent one for you to do would be what is called the “Hershiser drill” which aims at getting the hips into action. One of the most essential aspects of good mechanics is getting your entire body into play—using the legs, the hips and the torso in one continuous (and seamless) motion, so that your arm and shoulder would be just going along for the ride; this takes a lot of pressure off said arm and shoulder. I learned to do this many years ago when I would go to the original Yankee Stadium and I saw the Yankees’ Big Three pitchers all doing this. I found that I was throwing harder and faster than I had been doing before, with less effort, and no sore arm or sore shoulder or sore anything else! (Not to mention that I, a confirmed snake-jazz pitcher, ended up with a good 81-MPH four-seamer which my pitching coach told me was, for a finesse pitcher, a fast ball.) :slight_smile:

Along the upper information bar of this page, you’ll find a topic called ARTICLES. Click on that topic and it will bring you to a title page called

There you will find a category called DRILLS.

You’ll find just about anything relative to your size, ability, age and competitive level covered.

Coach B.

Hey Thanks Coach B. I will be using those drills