Pitching Drill: Pitching Up a Mound?

my coach is telling me that everyday in the summer i need to use my fake mound and instead of pitching down it, go to the bottom of it and pretend to throw the ball while going up hill. does anyone what this could be used for?

Wouldnt that mess up your release point?

yea that is what i was thinking

would it help the way you land with your lead foot?

NO dont do that if you want to wok on power do long toss

yeah i would ask your coach why he wants you to do this, because its not something i ever heard of and not sure what ways it can help you

That’s an old drill that I believe is supposed to help you get the ball down. By trying to keep the ball down while going uphill, you’ll really keep it down going downhill. That’s the theory. But my opinion is that if you’re having a problem keeping the ball down, figure out what the cause is and correct it instead of doing this drill and hoping it fixes the problem what ever it may be.

he says my problem is that i late with my leg stiff (like not bent at all) and i fall off the mound reallllly badly

would that help with that?

I used to do this quite a bit actually and liked the drill. As you said, it’s used to encourage getting the ball down because you’ll have to bend your back more to throw a strike.

Bottom line, this drill isn’t going to kill you. You’re not going to lose velocity or grow a third nipple. I promise. Try it. Give it a chance.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

I actually have a friend with a third nipple, it’s actually pretty cool.

[quote=“TravisBaseball17”]he says my problem is that i late with my leg stiff (like not bent at all) and i fall off the mound reallllly badly

would that help with that?[/quote]
There are other things you can do to avoid planting on a stiff leg like starting with your knees bent more and increasing your tempo to build more momentum.

thats seriously the stupidest drill i’ve ever herd…how in the world would that help you? are you sure he wasnt just trying to be sarcastic? cause WOW :roll: