Pitching Coach in Pittsburgh

What are some good, pitching coaches in the pittsburgh pa area. Thanks

You might find an NPA certified instructor near Pittsburg
http://www.nationalpitching.net/certified.asp?][u]here[/u

I can’t specifically vouch for these guys but their resume’s appear legit and they meet the criteria of the immediate Pittsburgh vicinity.

http://www.peba3.com/instructor_bios_3.html

This reminds me of how, long ago, I found a pitching coach.
It was accidental—just plain lucky, in fact. It all started when I woke up one morning with the thought that I could use another pitch. I thought about it, and I thought it might well be the slider, which I had been hearing about—and then it occurred to me that I might ask one of the Yankee pitchers about it. So one Monday in mid-September, 1951, I played hooky from school (I had just entered my senior year in high school), went to Yankee Stadium and watched Ed Lopat beat the Cleveland Indians—again—2-1. And then it hit me: he was the one I would need to ask.
After the game I joined a whole crowd of fans outside the Yankees’ clubhouse, which was totally accessible (this was the original ballpark). I was nervous as a cat, because I had no idea what to expect; but some minutes later Lopat emerged from the clubhouse, flipping the game ball which someone had recovered from the field and presented to him in honor of his twentieth win of the season. I watched as he stopped to sign some autographs and talk to a few of the fans, and I couldn’t help thinking how gracious he was—amd then I realized it was now or never, so as he walked past me I fell into step beside him. The only thing I could think of to say to him was "Excuse me, Mr. Lopat—could I ask you something?"
He stopped and looked at me—and then, with four quiet words, he had me in the palm of his hand. He said, “Go ahead, I’m listening,” and the way he said it relaxed me immediately. When I told him I just wanted to ask him something about the slider, he motioned to me to follow him away from the crowd and out in front of the ballpark, and he took several minutes to show me how to throw a good one. While I was familiarizing myself with the pitch he watched me and, it seemed, was making some mental notes—he was, in fact, forming in his mind a jumping-off point from which he could work with me. That started something—a wonderful pitching relationship; he knew where I was coming from, and he knew I really wanted to know about the pitch and was willing to work at it, and for the next almost-four years he took me in hand, worked with me and helped me become a better pitcher than I had been. Ed Lopat was one of the finest pitching coaches anyone could ever hope to work with, and what I learned from him was nothing short of priceless. For this I will always remember him.
And that’s just one of the ways in which one can find a pitching coach. Yes, I was lucky—the coach I found was an active major-league pitcher who could also coach and teach and who, as a result, was sought after by not only his teammates but also by pitchers on other teams, in fact by anyone who was willing to learn. It doesn’t get any better than that. :slight_smile: 8) :baseballpitcher: