Pitching Arm Vertical Before Hips

My arm is lagging behing my body and it is causing my velocity to drop to 82-85. What is a good way to make sure my pitching arm is at a 90 degree angle before my hips rotate?

(p.s. I have a picture but do not know how to embed it into my post any help?)

[quote=“Hoysauce”]My arm is lagging behing my body and it is causing my velocity to drop to 82-85. What is a good way to make sure my pitching arm is at a 90 degree angle before my hips rotate?

(p.s. I have a picture but do not know how to embed it into my post any help?)
http://www.chrisoleary.com/projects/Baseball/Pitching/Images/Pitchers/RogerClemens/RogerClemens_2000_001.jpg[/quote]

Breaking your hands earlier can help with this, unless you have a problem with your arm action.

Do you have a video of yourself?

[quote=“Chris O’Leary”]
Breaking your hands earlier can help with this, unless you have a problem with your arm action.[/quote]

I agree. I’d bet that you’re separating your hands late. Tough to feel if you don’t see it, so video will be beneficial. In general, though, you want to think about breaking your hands when your lift leg reaches the top of its lift.

[quote]What is a good way to make sure my pitching arm is at a 90 degree angle before my hips rotate?
[/quote]

i wouldn get focused on getting my arm in a 90 degree angles
id just try to get my arm into the cocked position
meaning elbow shoulder height at least
think about putting your pitching hand behind your head

I suggest considering the possibility that your arm isn’t late but rather your front side is early.