Pitching Advice

Hey guys, I am a big fan of blowing batters away on 3 pitches, or even less. What are some ways to increase my velocity and “blow” my pitches by people. Keep in mind, I dont get a lot of oppurtunitys to throw during the week with school and work. But I do manage to throw about 4-5 days a week, even if it is just for 10-15 minutes. Any advice is welcome, thanks…

May I suggest that you post some video of your pitching motion?

you’ve been all over the site posting everywhere which is good. from reading your posts, here’s what i gather.

you love to throw hard and blow guys away. you want to learn how to throw harder but you only have time to throw about 10 minutes 4 days per week because of school and a job. do you have any other hobbies and/or a girlfriend?

if you only spend 10 minutes 4 days per week with no strength and flexibility training, you have probably maxed out what you can do until you change your schedule. being great required directed and specific throwing 3 to 4 days per week which takes at least 20 to 30 minutes, and a minimum of 3 days per week to strengthen and stretch. doesn’t look like your schedule will allow this

Yea I do have a girlfriend, thanks. I do lift, stretch, and throw on a schuedle. Only 3-4 days though. Its only october. Come December is when I reaaly train extensively. And I how do I post my pitching videos?

don’t know how to post videos. check my post on pedro martinez and the young dodgers developing velocity. do you keep your job and girlfriend during preseason and baseball season?

how much time do you spend with your girlfriend?

I get to quit my job in the spring and winter because of baseball and basketball. Since my girlfriend goes to a different school, I will only see her on the weekends, and friday nights. I do keep her all year long.

re: how do I post my pitching videos?"

-----------(1) Take a look at the Forum Index and find the “Pitching Mechanics & Analysis” topic–it’s right underneath “General Pitching Advice”…you can’t miss it.

(2) See “Post your videos for others to analyze” and choose the link, “Here’s how”.

When they are able to see your pitching delivery, many of the good coaches and pitchers at LTP may be able to better answer your questions. In some cases, they may even be able to help you with specific issues that you haven’t thought of before.

[quote=“laflippin”]re: how do I post my pitching videos?"

-----------(1) Take a look at the Forum Index and find the “Pitching Mechanics & Analysis” topic–it’s right underneath “General Pitching Advice”…you can’t miss it.

(2) See “Post your videos for others to analyze” and choose the link, “Here’s how”.

When they are able to see your pitching delivery, many of the good coaches and pitchers at LTP may be able to better answer your questions. In some cases, they may even be able to help you with specific issues that you haven’t thought of before.[/quote]

You should really do it, I have and it helps a lot.