Pitches

hey its a short video of two of my pitches. i have no clue how hard i throw but anyways the first pitch is a fastball and the next is a splitter. anyways let me know what you think and any suggestions you may have.

Unfortunately, I am unable to see this video. I keep getting the message that I have to update my Adobe flash player, and downloading the update seems to require the installation of something I have no use for and do not want. So I can’t tell you anything about the speed, but I can tell you something about your two pitches.
The splitter, or split-finger pitch, is a close relative of the fastball—and also, perhaps, of the knuckle-curve because of the break. I don’t think you need to be concerned about velocity; what you want to think about is the location—being able to throw that pitch where you want it to go. And you can change up on it if you wish. As for the fastball, there too is nothing to be concerned about with regard to the speed—I’d say if you’re throwing anywhere near, or above 80 miles an hour you’re doing all right. You just want to make sure of the location. What good is a blazing fastball if a pitcher can’t find the strike zone?
The Brooklyn Dodgers, back in the 40s, had a pitcher named Rex Barney who, it was said, could throw a ball through a brick wall. Yeah…but which building? 8) :slight_smile:

thanks for the reply zita! i do struggle with control mainly due to an inconsistent release point (ive been working hard on trying to fix it). Ive been told that my pitches move quite a bit and that they are all hard to pick up because i throw them in the same armslot and armspeed.

What arm slot are you most comfortable with and usually use when you pitch? This could have something to do with the inconsistency you’re experiencing. :slight_smile:

One more thing I wanted to tell you about release points—the problem usually occurs if you let go of the ball too quickly or too slowly. If you release the ball early, the pitch is likely to be low, and if you release the ball late the pitch will probably be high. You might want to check into that and see what you’re doing there—it might be a matter of timing. In any case, let me know how you’re doing. :slight_smile:

thanks a bunch! :slight_smile: well im actually about to put up another video of just fastballs so check it out if you can.

i am over the top even though in this video the first pitch almost looks like my arm is dropped just a tiny bit. but for a better look at my armslot look at my other post if you can.