Pitchers 10.. how often and when

I’ve been doing a routine of throw 1 day, next day lift and do pitchers 10 exercises…

I was wondering how often do you suggest doing the pitchers 10 exercises? Every day, every other… and should they be done before/after throwing?

Thanks,
Lee

what are these pitchers ten exercises that your doing?

Look here: Thrower’s 10 at asmi.org
http://www.asmi.org/asmiweb/throwers10.htm

I don’t know when u should do them, but I would suggest that when u do them that you do them for both of your arms, cause in the video the guy was just using his right arm. If you just use your one arm you’ll get a muscle imbalance.

ya, good point probably should do both arms…

Anyone know how often you should do the exercises, and if it would be better to do them prior to throwing or after, or not on days that you throw?

Thanks,
Lee

[quote=“ebkcontainers”]ya, good point probably should do both arms…

Anyone know how often you should do the exercises, and if it would be better to do them prior to throwing or after, or not on days that you throw?

Thanks,
Lee[/quote]

I would not do them before throwing.
There is no reason to fatigue the rotar cuff when you are about to put it through the stress of pitching.

I would do them a few times a week, I don’t feel that it is necessary to do them daily. The rotator cuff work is prehibilitation.

I feel there’s probably someone more qualified than myself to give you a specific number of days to do the exercises.

I had shoulder surgery a little over a year ago and I had to do the Thrower’s Ten program so much that I can go through it off the top of my head. I was informed to do the exercises every other day. The reason for it being that the rotator cuff is just like any other muscle; it takes time to recover and get stronger. Doing the exercises everyday becomes almost counterproductive. I had to do them more often because of my surgery, but I would recommend trying to do them 3 times a week. I had my surgery performed by Dr. James Andrews and my rehab was prescribed by the wonderful folks at Alabama Sports Medicine so I trust entirely what they told me to do.

DO NOT do them before throwing. You would be fatiguing the muscles that you use to throw. You are putting yourself at an increased risk of injury by doing the exercises and then throwing. Do them after you are done with a good pitching workout.

centerfield2150, Diesel

Thanks for the information on using the throwers 10 - that helps!!

Sometimes I’ll have tightness in either the front of my shoulder or back of the shoulder when I start to throw… Usually once I start throwing approx 30-50 ball it seems it goes away and I can throw - does anyone else experience this?? Are their good excercises to perform prior to throwing, to get rid of that prior to throwing - besides the normal stretch the arm across the body, circles etc…

Thanks,
Lee