Performance Log

Hi i’m new to the forum and ill be starting a pitching log. I won’t go into detail for the workouts and stuff like the other ones but i’ll post performance based goals and result for games i pitch in.

I am Sophomore in High School.

Some background on me(if you care):
last year hit and played 3rd more than i pitched on frosh/soph.
I had a grand total of 2 pitching appearances; 1 save and one loss in 3 inning of a start.
I topped out at 72 at summer of incoming 9th grade.
Was 5" 8’ 120 last year and 5" '9 140 this year
Now pitch more than anything else.
Hit 82(top) few times during summer ball threw consistently higher 70’s (75-78). I haven’t been gunned since.

Some Goals are too:
GROW!!! i am undersized and am not in the lucky sperm club.
Gain muscle with my height growth.
Get consistent control over off-speed.
Throw low 80’s consistently.
Make varsity.

Now:
I’m still consistent high 70’s ill throw some hard once and a while.
i throw fastball, curve ball, change, and slider.
have good control of fastball and change have mediocre control of curve and inconsistent control of slider.
I have been used as a closer but started for the second time this season.(first doesn’t count because we played a sorry ass team that suck very bad, like they were just horrible).

4/12/2013:
Started and went 5 innings with 3 unearned runs 4 ks and 1 hit batter. No walks. Unknown amount of hits given up.

had good command but got the loss after 2 throwing errors in one play cost us 2 runs and another cost 1 more.

1st inning went smooth after lead-off batter beat out a throw from the diving ss. Picked of the runner. went to the 3rd inning in order. 4th inning pooped the bucket getting 3 unearned. 5th inning, i started to run out of gas but went through inning in order.

my first real start after usually being a closer.
velocity was good for the first 4 then suffered in the 5th after a long half inning of hitting and fatigue. Only one hard line drive hit over 3rd. and Had good control.
New pitcher started 6th.
Picked up the loss. lost (4-3) 3 runs given up; 0 earned.
Season (1-2) 2 SV ; 1 BSV

Keep working hard. The wins will come. Remember that you can’t control the errors made behind you. The only this in your control is to throw strikes, control the zone, and make quality pitches.

4/20/13:
Lost to the best team in our area, they’re not in our league though, luckily.
pitched 4 innings struck out 2 or 3 and gave up 4 runs, 3 unearned.
Our 2nd baseman has been having a hard time these last few games and hes cost us a lot of runs. My velocity was not as good as i wanted it to be but my offspeed was good. no walks allowed.
Final :
team lost 5 to 9
No decision, relief pitcher got the loss because he lost our short lived lead.
2 or 3 Ks; 0 BB; 4Rs; 1Earned run.
Season (1-2) 3 SV ; 1 BSV
i actually had 3 saves this season.

Keep working at it

i missed 2 starts on my log because i don’t quite remember the details though.
last week:
complete game
K:? ; BB5; Hits:2; ER:2 Loss. so basically the ump said we somehow managed to miss the tag on some one who stoped running between home and third to givehimself up so the runner could reach third and that cost us a run.

4/30:
1.0 innings pitched
5 earned runs.
0Ks
5BBs
2Hits.
Got through 1st inning without trouble then went rick ankeil and sh*t hit the fan. then i got pulled, it was not fun or a good walk back into the dugout.
Can’t seem to find the strike zone lately. Any tips?..

If you are struggling with throwing strikes, there are a few issues at play:
-Mechanics (get us some video of this)
-Confidence (not throwing with conviction)
-Other factors

I would love to see some mechanics on here, as that typically is the biggest issues. I imagine that you are having some timing issues along side some power mechanics with the lower body, causing you to either stay closed/miss high or open up too early and cause the wildness.

-Other factors

I would love to see some mechanics on here, as that typically is the biggest issues. I imagine that you are having some timing issues along side some power mechanics with the lower body, causing you to either stay closed/miss high or open up too early and cause the wildness.

-Other factors