Perfect timing

does anyone know how to achieve this with repitition? i hear nolan ryan has pefect timing and would like to have that.

Oh really? I hear he had a 100 mph fastball, and would like to have that too. :smiley:

Oh really? I hear he had a 100 mph fastball, and would like to have that too. :smiley:

yeah that would be nice

That is a really good question because, ultimately, perfect timing is what we’re after as that both maximizes performance and minimizes injury.

House defines it as being at the right place at the right time.

So what are the right places to be and what are the right times to be at them? Yep, good question. I don’t know that I can answer that entirely. But I’ll say that a biggie is being just squared up to the target at release. Being over-rotated at release (implying early rotation) is definitely a precursor to injury.

There’s no such thing as perfect :wink:

When we talk about mechanics and we say there are no perfect mechanics, what we mean is there isn’t one set of mechanics that is perfect for all pitchers. But for a given pitcher, there probably is a set of mechanics that is perfect for that pitcher. This is not to say that certain mechanical elements don’t apply to all pitchers.

I think the same things can be said for timing. There may not be one particular timing that applies to all pitchers but for a given pitcher there is one timing that is perfect. Now, being squared up to the target at release is one element of timing that is generally applicable to all pitchers.