Perfect Game?

Hey. Few questions for those of you who have been to or taken someone to a Perfect Game showcase.

1. How much $$ roughly is it to enter into a showcase?

2. I coach, could I take a couple players there, or does their fathers need to be there with them? I see on the website they have some questions about parents. Ex: Parent’s athletic history etc.

3. How young can a player be to attend a showcase? I’d like a couple of mine to be seen around the 9th or 10th grade.

4. Are there any other showcases other than Perfect Game you would recommend?

I have gone to one perfect game in my life, and this was one I will never forget as long as I live. It was the one Don Larsen pitched in the fifth game of the 1956 World Series at Yankee Stadium, and he pitched an absolute gem. He fanned seven batters and required only 97 pitches to complete it, and he got to only one three-ball count in the two hours and eight minutes it took him to do it.
Here’s an interesting side-story about that game. Babe Pinelli, who was calling balls and strikes for the last time in his career—he would retire at the end of the Series—was behind the plate, and when Larsen whiffed Junior Gilliam at the start of the game Pinelli got all excited and muttered to himself “Uh-oh—Larsen’s got it today.” And Larsen did have it that day. When he got pinch-hitter Dale Mitchell on a called third strike to end the game, Pinelli left the field, went to the umpires’ dressing room, sat down and cried like a baby as the realization hit him. His last game umpiring behind the plate—and Larsen had given him an unexpected farewell gift, one he would carry with him for the rest of his life.
There have been many no-hitters, many perfect games in the years just past—but the one Don Larsen pitched was, and is, one for the books, a textbook demonstration of how to pitch such a game. And in the World Series! I still get goosebumps thinking about it. 8)

i dont exactly think that was the reply he was looking for

Perfect Game showcases are worth the money if your a “numbers” guy. By that I mean if you have a low (7 or below) 60 yard dash time, a “good” arm meaning 85 or better from the infield/outfield.

If your a pitcher it is worth it if you 6 ft 1 or taller and throw at least 85.

“crafty” pitchers, that is those who hit spots and change speed but do not throw particularly hard are not looked upon as favorably as a tall “projectable” pitcher who can light up the radar gun.

Typically pitchers throw 2 or 3 innings off the mound in a live game, therefore the scouts present will not judge you upon your results. They look for “stuff” that is a fastball with speed/life, the ability to spin a quality breaking ball, and any other quality off speed you may have. Keep in mind the #1 ingrediant they are looking for is a fast fastball and with that a tall projectable frame.