People think this kid is good

what to do when people on your baseball team think that someone is better than you.

This kid pitched 5 times in a row to the same team that we beat 15-0, 12-0, 15-2, etc.

We play 3 games each weekend. Coaching staff decides which team is the best, and i pitch against the best team. I am the ace of course, coaching staff knows it, thats why i pitch

Kids on my team see this kid pitching against shitty teams, and then thinks hes good.

What to do about this?

prove them wrong…other than that, nothing.

What the players think doesn’t matter, it’s what the coaches think. The coaches obviously believe you are the better pitcher, therefore they throw you against the better teams. It’s as simple as that really. I wouldn’t worry about what they think. Just go out there and shove it like you know how to.

Play hard, improve your game, show them that you are the #1 and don’t worry about what others think. Your highschool coach wont know or even care about what team you played on, how many games you won or if you were the #1 or #8 pitcher, if you aren’t coachable and don’t fit in his system then you or that other pitcher will be cut quickly.

i somewhat disagree…if your team is confident in you and truly believes you are going to do well, they will follow you and play with same confidence as their pitcher.

not really because there is no doubt about it that everyone on the team thinks i am good except the three kids.

also our team has been together for about 2 years then a year off then like 3 years on again.

REally complicated, we are all from different towns. We just unite and form one good team in our area

Anyways like i have said i have showed it last year going undefeated 9-0. And beating the number one team in our conference

Also when i was 16 year old, a first year in our league. There are 16,17, and 18 year olds. I struck out 9 people in a row, in a game, and hold the record for most consective strikeouts. The record before was like 5 i think.

Anyways our coaching staff have been together for like 6 years. So ya there is no doubt they think i am the best

Its just i don’t like it when other people say another kid is better than me when there is no doubt in hell he is. By no means

dude,
quit crying. nobody really cares. if your good, your good. let those kids talk s***. so what? there probably just saying it because they know that it messes with you. they know that your gonna go make a big deal about like this. there probably reading this right now and cracking up.
but dude keep showin em your the man. theyll figure out whats up.

Yep, I agree with the other members. All I do is to do my best when I pitch and ignore what everybody else said. Focus on improving yourself

[quote=“BarryBonds999”]what to do when people on your baseball team think that someone is better than you.
This kid pitched 5 times in a row to the same team that we beat 15-0, 12-0, 15-2, etc.
We play 3 games each weekend. Coaching staff decides which team is the best, and i pitch against the best team. I am the ace of course, coaching staff knows it, thats why i pitch
Kids on my team see this kid pitching against ***** teams, and then thinks hes good.
What to do about this?[/quote]

Remember,
it’s not always your win- loss record that counts.
If people on your baseball team think someone else is better than you,
that’s just their opinion- it should not make any difference in your pitching.
The only way you are going to convince them to think better of you is to be the best pitcher and person that you can.
Help your team members- not just by pitching well,
but by encouraging them when they fail in a situation, praise them when they do something well…
And if you want people to think well of you, you have got to be nice to them and prove to them that you deserve their praise and admiration.