Pelvic Loading

Can someone please explain to me how to properly do this? How can I practice?

Ron Wolforth had my son do Hook Em’s to use his hips better. This drill is also known as the Hershiser drill on the NPA website. To do the drill, hook your posting foot behind your drive leg. Push your hips toward the plate and just before your fall, land on your posting let and throw. Hope this help.

It sure will. This is an integral part of what I call “the Secret”—something I learned a long time ago. I used to watch the Yankees’ Big Three pitchers, and I saw just what they were doing—they were driving off the lower half of the body, using the legs, the hips and the torso in one continuous motion, so they were generating more power behind their pitches (even Ed Lopat, who didn’t have a fast ball to speak of). I made a note of it and started practicing this on my own, and as I did this I found I was doing the same thing—not only getting more power into my pitches but also throwing harder and faster with less effort, and not a sore arm or a sore shoulder or a sore anything else in the bunch! In fact, I ended up some time later with an 81MPH four-seamer which Lopat told me was, for a finesse pitcher like me, a fast ball!
So, go ahead and work on it, and incorporate it into your overall delivery. It will pay off. 8)