Path to D1 - Logs

Name: Jo
Year: 8th Grade
Starting Height: 5’9"
Starting Weight: 111 lbs / 50.35 kg
Throws/Bats: R/R
Other Positions: 3rd Base
Fitness Stats/Personal Bests: ~10 pull-ups, 14 chin-ups, 52 sit-ups/ 1 min, 20 pushups, 55 lb Bench Press, 1 min, 30-second plank
Pitch Arsenal: 2-seam [69-71], 4-seam [70-72], developing splitter [58-65], pathetic curveball

Long-Term Goals: Become a successful D1 P/3B, we’ll see where we go from there.

Info about myself: Hey! I’m a 13-year-old 8th grader, I was born in India, but I’m raised in the USA. I am quite smart, have straight A’s across the board, and am currently doing Pre-Calculus. I have an aspiration to go to MIT or Harvard (Stereotypical, am I right?) and major in Drone Technology, Aerodynamics, or Artificial Intelligence. The crazy thing is managing all this while upholding a successful baseball career. My school doesn’t have a baseball team, and I, during the registration period was too young to register for local competitive leagues, so I’m stuck in a rec league this season. Next season, however, I’ve already registered for SDLL, a league that plays in Top Gun. I’ll also be trying out for USA Baseball. I’ll keep you updated on my games, practices, and work.

Next game: Thu, May 20, 6:30PM EDT @ Rays

UPDATE:
We lost the game Vs the Rays 17-3. Blowout, am I right? I went 3-3 in ABs, but wasn’t pitched due to the pitch count/rest rules. Not really much to say there.

We have a game today, against the #1 team in the league. I’ll be starting this game, so hopefully, we’ll have a better result.

PITCHING WORK:
I mastered a new pitch entirely. The Vulcan Changeup, I’ll drop a Wikipedia link to it so y’all can check it out. My splitter is coming along nicely, still not quite ready for game use though, but my curveball keeps hitting the dirt before it gets to the plate (~1-2 ft). I’ll see what I can do to get some recordings too.