Pain in "inner" side of elbow

I’ve been pitching ever since I was a kid, im now 22
now days, almost everytime after pitching, i would feel pain (soreness) at the “inner” side of my elbow (by inner side i mean the following…)

the outer side of my elbow never feels anything, its always inner part
is that normal or typical of most pitchers? is there anything i can do to avoid this problem (other than to stop pitching…cuz i would never…)

Can you give some more info? What level of ball are you playing, what is your velocity, pitches thrown, that kind of stuff.

Also, does your elbow hurt everytime after you throw the ball(longtoss, taking infield, etc) , or just after you pitch?

im about 5’8’’, 120lb, i throw a fastball (65mph), slider and curveball
sometimes i feel the pain when i try to make a quick throw during fielding
usually after a few days of rest, the soreness would go away, and im able to throw and do long toss without pain. but the pain usually comes back if i try to throw harder
if i play toss a day after pitching (not feeling soreness unless i apply pressure to my elbow), the same location would feel sore during toss

[quote=“ArresChang”]I’ve been pitching ever since I was a kid, im now 22
now days, almost everytime after pitching, i would feel pain (soreness) at the “inner” side of my elbow (by inner side i mean the following…)…
the outer side of my elbow never feels anything, its always inner part
is that normal or typical of most pitchers? is there anything i can do to avoid this problem (other than to stop pitching…cuz i would never…)[/quote]

I took a look at the pictures of your motion that you posted before…

http://letstalkpitching.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=509

One thing that I noticed is how far you take your pitching arm side hand behind your back (toward 1B). This could increase the force with which your elbow extends.

You might want to try taking your pitching arm side hand more straight back (toward 2B).

How often do you pitch and how many pitches do you usually throw when you pitch?

Do you play year-round or do you take some time off each year? If you take some time off, how long and how frequently?

What percentage of your pitches are breaking pitches?

yea i had taht before and all i did was ice it for 20 minutes a day and after about 3 weeks of icing, it was gone.