Pain in elbow worried please help

So yea I started throwing 2 weeks ago after a break of about 6 months. and last week my elbow starting hurting, its not the elbow its like right on the bone thats on the inside of the elbow, it just started 4 days ago, I thought it was soreness but it didnt go away. I iced it today, and put Icyhot on it last night which didnt help, we’ll see how it feels tomorrow after that good icing. am I just sore?

I had the same problem but my pitching coach discovered a problem in my mechs that cuased my to get the ball a little push at the end the best thing you can do is change your arm action and ice your elbow

arm action? you mean like slot? and I was just throwing not using my pitching mechanics.

no arm action the way my arm came up was just all wrong. And I felt it when I was just tossing the ball and pitching.

idk what you mean, sorry,

this is still open to other people to help, i’d like some input from adults.

see where he throws the ball. instead of me throwing it I’d push it
if you still don’t know what i mean then never mind sorry for wasting your time try PM to Coach45 he’s an expert on elbow and shoulder injuries.

I still dont get it at all lol, sorry man.

maybe he means he is leaving his arm back and releasing the ball early and so his arm extends fully therefore stretching the ucl even more.

something like that

p.s. the fix won’t be in changing your arm action. Your arm action (symptom) will be changed by fixing the other things (causes)

thats it Spencer :smiley:

ok, but today we lifted, squats and shoulder press, my arm is killing me right now, it hurts when I fully extend it, or when I make a throwing motion, im icing it as we speak, and going to heat it later, anything else I can do?

see a f&c$*&g doctor :lol: :evil:

I personally don’t believe icing helps the arm recover. I believe icing helps reduce inflammation which in the long run, hurts recovery.

[quote=“Spencer”]jamesh23 wrote:
ok, but today we lifted, squats and shoulder press, my arm is killing me right now, it hurts when I fully extend it, or when I make a throwing motion, im icing it as we speak, and going to heat it later, anything else I can do?

I personally don’t believe icing helps the arm recover. I believe icing helps reduce inflammation which in the long run, hurts recovery.[/quote]

couldn’t agree more/ Icing reduces inflammation and causes an increase in blood flow

[quote=“futureKazmir”][quote=“Spencer”]jamesh23 wrote:

I personally don’t believe icing helps the arm recover. I believe icing helps reduce inflammation which in the long run, hurts recovery.[/quote]

couldn’t agree more/ Icing reduces inflammation and causes an increase in blood flow[/quote]

not quite lol

explain please?

this is what I found maybe I misunderstood the wording

[quote=“Steven Ellis’s article”]Should Baseball Pitchers Ice Their Arms After They Pitch?
By Steven Ellis, former pitcher in the Chicago Cubs organization

If you’re in pain after a pitching performance, then ice. If not, don’t ice.

Ice impedes the flow of nitruent-rich blood to the muscles. Nutrient-rich blood is what carries away the toxic lactic acid that builds up after prolonged activity. Ice slows recovery. But it can decrease inflammation and pain. So if you’re in pain, do it. If not, ice will only slow down your body’s natural recovery processes.

How to ice safely

Always place a shirt or cloth over the arm before placing an ice pack on it. It’s never a good idea to place the ice directly on skin. Ice for 20 minutes. Then take it off for 20 minutes. You can repeat this process for as long as you need to, but don’t leave the ice on your arm for longer than 20 minutes.

A better solution: Compression and ice

Compression helps to minimize the swelling associated with athletic injuries. It also helps to resolve, or get rid of, swelling by squeezing the fluid that causes swelling out of the injured tissue. Minimizes swelling. Helps to eliminate swelling that’s already occurred by “squeezing” excess fluid out of the affected area.

Game Ready is a company that makes a device that provides cyclical compression, which has been shown to be better than traditional therapies such as elastic bandages and cold wraps. I used the device and can attest to its benefits. The device is portable but expensive. However, many physical therapy clinics have one. Ask for it. Cyclical compression is preferable to static compression as it more closely mirrors the muscle contractions that the body itself uses to force tissue debris out of the affected area. In addition, with cyclical compression there is no known danger of restricting the body’s natural efforts to evacuate excess fluid. [/quote]

Liquids that get colder tend to flow SLOWER. Naturally there will be less bloodflow and so there is less inflammation. Yes, it might hurt less but it also HEALS less. If you have tendinitis (which you shouldn’t if you condition and eat properly) then you might need to ice until the problem is taken care of.