P90X

I am looking into buying the workout program P90X does anybody know if this would be good for an off season workout.

In short, no.

forget man i got injured because of that

If that is all you can get - that is probably better than nothing. Be careful in overuse injuries can occur - you will do too many push-ups, chin-ups, etc.

If I only had $100 and no way to get to a gym I would almost say go with a TRX system instead at least you can vary your workouts some.

if I only had $100 I would go on craiglist and buy adjustable dumbbells as heavy as I could afford, a chinup bar and resistance bands from elitefts.com

TRX systems costs well more than $100 new (I have one, I know). Adjustable DBs are very expensive and EliteFTS bands aren’t all that cheap.

Get a gym membership to the cheapest place with a squat rack, DBs, and medballs.

[quote=“kyleb”]TRX systems costs well more than $100 new (I have one, I know). Adjustable DBs are very expensive and EliteFTS bands aren’t all that cheap.

Get a gym membership to the cheapest place with a squat rack, DBs, and medballs.[/quote]
That is one way to do it, but don’t forget the rec centers may be cheaper. I got a rec center pass (paid for the whole year) which allows me to go to any rec center in the city and workout. It was cheaper than if I wanted a gym membership for a full year.

That too, if you can swing it. YMCAs have student rates, too!

Does he drive,have access to a car, or someone that will take him to the gym? Gym memberships aren’t too expensive - but they are practically worthless if you can’t get to the gym to use all the dumbbells, med-balls etc.