Overrated and underrated

Who do you guys think are the most overrated and under rated players in baseball?

overated was kosuke fukodome
somebody please tell me how he even got close to starting the all star game
over carlos lee?!

Cause of all the Cubbies fans.

Over: Big Papi. I am a Yankee fan and I do love the guy, but now that we see without Manny…well look at his numbers from August 1 on.

Under: Shane Victorino. Now in the playoffs people are finally realizing what he can do.

If anyone says Derek Jeter in overrated…please explain why. Just c’mon where is all the hate coming from???

i have alot of problem with people calling ortiz overrated and nothing without manny. he has been hurt all year and you can tell by how hes swinging something isnt right. he could have babe ruth hitting behind him right now and it wouldnt matter. his stats this year have been bad with and without manny. so hes having a bad year. you call him overrated, look at what hes done the past few years with the sox. he was one of the most feared hitters with manny and when manny was “hurt”. teams used to intentionally walk him with a base open to pitch to manny.

Yeah I don’t really think he’s too overrated…just more so than he should be. Just to clarify. Of course, everyone is better with Manny hitting behind them, so I guess that wasn’t a very good pick. Can’t think of many others though.

Overrated: Joba Chamberlain IMO
Underrated:JP Howell IMO

how is joba overrated??

I’m going to go ahead and throw this out there for underrated players…

I’m working with a group of 4 kids about 13 to 14 years of age, and one day I asked them, who is the most dominating hitter they’ve ever seen? They came up with answers like Manny, Ortiz, Pujols, Arod, certainly all great hitters in their own right. BUT, by far the most dominating and best hitter in their prime the last ten years, is without a question of a doubt, BARRY LAMAR BONDS. Sure he did the juice, maybe even HGH… but while he was in his prime, it was the best prime of all time. Hands down. If you look at the numbers he’s the most feared hitter of all time. Can you imagine if they actually pitched to the guy?

Again, saying all this knowing that he was on the juice. I’m just saying how quickly people forget the best.

[quote=“Hammer”]I’m going to go ahead and throw this out there for underrated players…

I’m working with a group of 4 kids about 13 to 14 years of age, and one day I asked them, who is the most dominating hitter they’ve ever seen? They came up with answers like Manny, Ortiz, Pujols, Arod, certainly all great hitters in their own right. BUT, by far the most dominating and best hitter in their prime the last ten years, is without a question of a doubt, BARRY LAMAR BONDS. Sure he did the juice, maybe even HGH… but while he was in his prime, it was the best prime of all time. Hands down. If you look at the numbers he’s the most feared hitter of all time. Can you imagine if they actually pitched to the guy?

Again, saying all this knowing that he was on the juice. I’m just saying how quickly people forget the best.[/quote]

ROIDSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Babe Ruth is the best ever and unless A-Rod hits 900 Ruth will always be the greatest. He hit more than whole teams!!!

If Arod hits 800 homers, wins a championship and his well in that post season he will be remembered as the best player of all time.

Bonds in his prime was better than Ruth at any time. Roids aside ofcourse.

Probably should have mentioned as a starter. They say he’s awesome but he hasn’t done shit as a starter. He would have had more loses if it wasn’t for Dan Giese (sp?) covering his ass for 3 starts. What he’d win 1 start and they call him awesome :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Probably should have mentioned as a starter. They say he’s awesome but he hasn’t done ***** as a starter. He would have had more loses if it wasn’t for Dan Giese (sp?) covering his a** for 3 starts. What he’d win 1 start and they call him awesome :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:[/quote]

He isn’t great yet…but he’s 23 and has a great future.

And yes Giese is amazing.

My point is he’s overrated now. Once he wins 15 game he won’t be

underrated would be aubrey huff. plays for orioles so thats probably why. put up great numbers all year and nobody talks about him.