Over pronation?

im developing my changeup and am pronating to get the down and in movement on the ball which will also take off some velo

i read that pronation is good for the arm… so my question is… if you pronate too far could it have the reverse effect on your arm?

Of course thats why the screwball isn’t popular.

You would feel it though if you were doing it too much. Just be careful.

Pronate only as much as is comfortable for you.

it hurts my shoulder when i pronate too much
are there any tips on how to stop yourself from overpronation

[quote=“kelvinp”]it hurts my shoulder when i pronate too much
are there any tips on how to stop yourself from overpronation[/quote]

yes, pronate less.

[quote=“OffSet”]im developing my changeup and am pronating to get the down and in movement on the ball which will also take off some velo

i read that pronation is good for the arm… so my question is… if you pronate too far could it have the reverse effect on your arm?[/quote]

Also, remember the key to throwing a good change is making it look like a fastball. If you more or less throw a normal, not overpronated fastball, and then come with a pitch where you turn your wrist halfway around, the deception is lost. Weaker hitters might not pick up on it, but it would be a shame if you came to rely on this pitch, reach a higher level of play, and suddenly get killed by hitters who tee off like they know its coming.

For example, Dice-K’s changeup had ridiculous movement on it last year, but he pronated so hard that nobody was fooled. This year hes sacrificed some movement and its been a far better pitch for him.

that is also why edinson volquez & pedro martinez has success
with his sidearm arm slot he automatically pronates
but that only works for sidearmers

I throw 3/4 and sometimes higher depending on the batter. I still pronate on every throw. Thats why nobody likes having me play the field.

what is the proper way to pronate

pronate your forearm or thw whole arm
and what do you do with your wrist

i just wanna make sure im pronating correctly