Ouch

I figured this belonged in the mental pitching topic because it’s disturbing.

that ball hit him right where i got hit when i was batting.

1…2…3…4! lol :lol:

Well thats why they should go to wooden bats for highschool or college whichever that was. You don’t even have to have normal wooden bats. If they could make some kind of a standard composite fiberglass coated bat or anything like that even if it was corked to balance the weight of the bat out so its not too heavy. They put the bat industry ahead of the players safety.

I got a ball hit at me like that last summer (wood bat league so it may have been slower) and I caught it for a double play. Before that inning, I drank half a can of Coke too… :shock:

My eldest took one off his forehead around 1992/3…the same day a kid in Tampa took one to his chest and killed him.
Oh yah I’m serious about pitchers being in position to field.
It may not always work out that way but if it works with the mechanics. I like a pitcher squared to the plate and ready to field…at least save their own life and health.
One thing that will be first forgotten, but I have a lot of pride in, is that my youngest…as well as having a nice season has a 1.000 fielding pctge this year. Saves the arm many pitches if you are able to field your position…ask 17 time Gold Glover Greg Maddux.

And that’s why there has been a renewed emphasis on PFP—pitchers’ fielding practice. I see this more and more nowadays—it’s a desperately needed and all too often overlooked aspect of spring training and other such workouts. When a pitcher steps off the rubber, such as when he completes his follow-through, he becomes a fifth infielder, and he has to be in position to field anything that might be hit back at him. 8)

LMAO Thats what happens leaving a pitch outside.

Wood bats need to be used more widly in the US. In Australia U16s, U18s, Div 2 and Div 1 teams must us wood. Doesnt matter if its composite.

But yeah ouch!

just happened to chris young yesterday…

Pujos had a field day with the padres.