Ouch! ouch! ouch!

A pitcher reports to the team doctor after a long rest period and complains that his body hurts all over!

He touches his leg - OUCH! He touches his side - OUCH! He touches his shoulder - OUCH!

The team doctor, after a period of deliberation, looks at the pitcher and says…" I finally figured this out son, your finger is broken. " :nosleep:

Coach B.

LMAO well played Coach B

A first cousin to the old story about the guy who goes to the doctor and says to him “Doctor, it hurts when I do this”—whatever he does. The doctor tells him “So don’t do it!”, with some impatience. And believe me, it’s no joke. It happened to an old-time Yankee pitcher once. (The team doctor stank.)
And speaking of “ouch, ouch, ouch”, I remember the 1949 Yankees. They had among them enough ouches and other ailments to fill a whole hospital wing—sinus infections, sore arms, a bad heel (Joe DiMaggio), colds, flu, aching backs, in fact an entire materia medica. the odd part was, they didn’t let all this stop them from winning the AL pennant on the last day of the season. But nowadays—some guys are such babies. Someone discovers a hangnail, he goes on the 15-day DL. What has happened to the modern-day players?
“O-U-C-H!” :stuck_out_tongue:

It all started with over indulgence in television and went downhill from there. The farther you get from a subsistence way of living the softer you get. That means, we in America are so so soft. Ouch!

Does anyone remember Luke Appling?
He was a shortstop, and a very good one, in the golden age of baseball. He was known as “Old Aches and Pains” because he was constantly complaining about how his elbow hurt, his shoulder hurt, his knee hurt, this hurt and that hurt—he was a regular walking encyclopedia of ouch. When he would arrive at the ballpark they asked him how he was feeling. If he replied with his customary litany of aches and pains, you could be sure he’d be counted on to be a beast at bat, tearing the cover off the ball with extra-base hit after extra-base hit. But if he said he was feeling all right—0-for 3, 0-for 4, couldn’t hit the ball out of the infield; on those days pitchers knew they could pitch to him and get him out.