Only one way to getting your arm up?

My question is does it matter how the pitcher gets his arm up, ball facing towards second base? When the pitcher breaks his hands does it matter if it’s a long arm, middle arm or short arm? There was a coach from Georgia that once said it does not matter how the arm path is to getting the arm up just as long as the arm gets up.

What are your thoughts on this?

For a given pitcher, it matters. Most likely, for that pitcher, there is a best way to get the arm up. But, across the population, there is definitely more than one path for getting the arm up. Just look at MLB pitchers and you’ll see it.

Yep, agree with Roger, for each given pitcher there is a best way to get the arm up. That best way is going to depend alot on his individual mechanics.

There is a coach who won’t let kids pitch if they don’t use the long arm. Just asking for advice. Thanks.

I’ve found most LL pitchers have a lower body/upper body mismatch with the lower body not moving as fast as the upper. I emphasize teaching the lower body and not worrying so much about how the arm gets into position. Not that it isn’t important.

My view is the lower body - front hip, front leg - will take the rest where it needs to go. Focusing on the arm is putting the proverbially horse before the cart.

Front side first and throw hard.

Baseball23, that coach needs to understand that pitchers are not all cut from the same cloth.
I would explain to him that as long as they get to the position, the path is going to be as different as the kid.
Some guys can be reasoned with, others can not. Im not sure I would want my son playing for such a closed minded coach.

Yes, I want to continue this conversation, because once again we’re dealing with something I’ve spoken of countless times that is as pertinent now as it was then—THE SECRET—and if the kid is old enough, it’s high time he learned it. He needs to learn about the coordination between the two halves of the body and how to make that connection. I remember how, many moons ago, I learned this by watching the Yankees’ Big Three pitching rotation and how they did it in practice and, yes, in games—those guys drove off the lower half of the body, using the legs, the hips and the torso in one continuous motion, thus getting more power into their pitches (with less effort), establishing the connection of which I speak, and in the process taking a lot of pressure off the arm an the shoulder so it seemed those two parts were just going along for the ride. And yes, Turn22, you should find him a new coach with more sense in his head—those guys who espouse “my way or the highway” are bad news!