On or in front

Do you pitch on or in front of the rubber

I get more velocity on

I’ve never heard of someone pitching on top of the rubber. How do you get more velocity, its not like its a good surface to get a grip especially with cletas.

pushing off the rubber gives you a little velocity boost

idk im more comfortable on it

ive never tried it before, but pitching on top of the rubber seems like it would be slippery with spikes ans even more slippery if it was wet.

Pitching from in front of the rubber lets you get your release point closer to home plate. :wink:

not really
if you stand on the rubber and push off you will be landing in about the same spot

little leaguers are the only people that pitch on top of the rubber.

when was the last time you watched a major league game

from thw windup you are on the rubber
from the stretch you are off

I think you need to clarify what you’re talking about. Of course everyone starts on the rubber in the wind-up. But I think most people were thinking about after you pivot into knee lift. At that point most pitchers position their foot in front of the rubber - not on top.

[quote=“kelvinp”]not really
if you stand on the rubber and push off you will be landing in about the same spot[/quote]
That’s only if you believe there is a push off. But let’s assume there is a push off. Are you saying that one pushes off when they’re on top of the rubber but not when they are in front of the rubber? Or are you saying that there is more of a push on top of the rubber than in front?

yes
because when your foot is in front of the rubber what in there to push off on

the only reason why my foot would be off the rubber if
from the stretch and im trying to pick off a runner

[quote=“kelvinp”]yes
because when your foot is in front of the rubber what in there to push off on

the only reason why my foot would be off the rubber if
from the stretch and im trying to pick off a runner[/quote]
You’ve proven it. You’re an idiot. If anything there is more to push off on with you are in front of the rubber because there is a surface against the side of your foot.

how can you push off the side of your foot while striding
your back foot has to rotate when you hips turn

you push off with the tip of you toe or the middle of you foot
not the side

but every bodys different it works for me so

[quote=“kelvinp”]how can you push off the side of your foot while striding
your back foot has to rotate when you hips turn

you push off with the tip of you toe or the middle of you foot
not the side

but every bodys different it works for me so[/quote]
You start your motion with your foot turned sideways against the rubber? You’re ankles must be superbly flexible.

but just before your front foot plants your heel should be off the ground a little

you cant push with your foot
you can only push wth your leg muscles and toes
you have to use your toes to push

Your toes are part of your foot, superstar. I know your foot has to be up a bit on foot plant, or at least that is how it is with 90% of major leaguers, at least from what I can tell. I have never, in my life seen anyone start with there foot on the rubber, ever.

tim lincecum
bonderman(injured)
[/img]

(bad inverted w in this pic)

Uh, his foot isn’t on the rubber champ.