On LeBron

The current event called, “The Decision” is a fiasco created by the LeBron James, late of the Cleveland Cavaliers, Team and nurtured by ESPN which stands for Egotistical Self-serving Pathetic Network.

I am trying to put into words the hollow feeling I have about the whole process, the hype and the continued feeding frenzy regarding this one human being.

So the following are words I believe describe LeBron’s ill conceived “Decision.”:

Ignorant
Distant
Cold
Selfish
Callous
Sterile
Inconsiderate
Thoughtless
Deceitful
Impolite
Rude
Untrustworthy
Scatterbrained
Egotistic
Wasteful
Pathetic
Distant
Unfriendly
Sterile
Ungrateful
Arrogant
Conceited
Indifferent
Uncaring
Covetous
Jealous
Envious
Immature
VAIN
Unreliable
Undependable
Disrespectful
Insecure
Self Centered
Insensitive
Trivial
Petty
Insincere
Unfeeling
Callous
Thoughtless
Pretentious
Ostentatious

Just for starters…let’s see have I missed anything?

And ESPN ought to be outright ashamed to be associated with this whole mess.

Missed greed…

Can’t watch the NBA no more…
I saw the last 2 minutes of the finals…
It ain’t what it used to be.
gangsta crap
no one cares about team at all…
We failed our youth by paying 20 somethings hundreds of millions for playing a game…none of the virtues matter because of this. Why be true when you can be rich??

Immature.

When’s the last time you saw any kind of fundamentals in the NBA? Here are your scoring options:

1. A three-pointer
  2. A pass into the paint, followed by a clear out of 8 other guys, followed by at least one travelling violation, lots of bumping, the offensive player with his back to the basket pushing his a** into the defender until he’s close enough to miss the bunny but draw the foul.
  3. Lean into the defender and take a ridiculous shot that would get you benched in high school but draws 3 free throws.

Until people refuse to pay ridiculous ticket prices to attend NBA games, the money focus will remain and “I” will come before “Team”.

Stoudamire left a team that went to the western conference finals to go to a team that still won’t make the playoffs. That was definitely all about the money.

The only decisions LeBron could have made that would have earned my respect would have been to stay with Cleveland or to go to the Clippers and take on the challenge of turning the doormat of the league into a winning franchise. The cross-town rivalry of LeBron vs. Kobe would have been good, too.

You missed one word-

Money Maker.

All most of them care about.

Complete backstabbing of Cleveland.

If he wants to move, it’s a free country so he can, but it wasn’t necessary to do it the way he did.

Stu

This was all an eloborate deception from the start. It was planned out years ago and all the alledged meetings with other teams were just a smoke screen. Lebron is a pathetic excuse for a role model. And to go on international television and stab Cleveland in the back in such a dramatic fashion, That was cold and calculated and NEVER to be forgiven…NEVER!

[quote=“Roger”]Until people refuse to pay ridiculous ticket prices to attend NBA games, the money focus will remain and “I” will come before “Team”.

Stoudamire left a team that went to the western conference finals to go to a team that still won’t make the playoffs. That was definitely all about the money.

The only decisions LeBron could have made that would have earned my respect would have been to stay with Cleveland or to go to the Clippers and take on the challenge of turning the doormat of the league into a winning franchise. The cross-town rivalry of LeBron vs. Kobe would have been good, too.[/quote]

Great post Roger. Unbelievable.

The NBA honestly sucks. College is the only form of basketball worth watching anymore. The thing is, in the NBA, it’s all offense anymore. You bump into a guy, and it’s two free throws.

I think watching Lifetime movies with my mom is better than watching Hornets–Warriors.

One positive thing is Kevin Durant.