Offseason throwing programs?

I am a coach at a small school in Texas, and I have some pitchers and some postion players, who want to start throwing and getting ready for the season. I need some help with throwing sessions, and how much should these guys do during the week?

Great to hear from you! My old college roommate is the Head Baseball Coach at Central Catholic in San Antonio, Texas, so I know how tough the competition is in the south. First, I would start reviewing the throwing/pitching motion. The stages I would talk about are:

1. Leg Kick
2. Pelvic Loading
3. Upper Arm Circle
4. Front-side Tilt
5. Elbow Flexion
6. Lead Leg Extension
7. Elbow Extension

You can really break these stages down and start at a short distance and move back gradually to 120 feet.

[b]Week #1 40 Feet 15 Minutes Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday

Week #2 60 Feet 20 Minutes Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday

Week #3 70 Feet 25 Minutes Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday

Week #4 90 Feet 25 Minutes Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday

Week #5 100 Feet 27 Minutes Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday

Week #6 110 Feet 27 Minutes Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday

Week #7 120 Feet 30 Minutes Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday[/b][/b]
If you read the October edition of Collegiate Baseball Newspaper, they have great long toss article that you can perform on a football field if that is available to you this time of year.

thank you this sounds good! now do the times include warm up, or is warm up then the 15 minute session begins when they start to throw at the specific distance?

The time mentioned is “throwing time”. It does not include stretching, running, or resistance training.

theres alot of long toss programs out there - most of them are good. we have ours broken down on our website if you want to take a look. its been good to us. we’ve got our longtoss through our preseason bullpens. we started this week ourself with our program. its 11 weeks to practice day 1 .
coach ellis has his programs on his website.
the article in collegiate baseball is something i know alot of coaches in our area are trying but we are sticking to our program - we’ve had to good of results to drastically change.