Offseason question

With the offseason approaching I understand it is important to take 2-3 months off throwing to let the arm recover, but is it still ok to do tubing daily and maybe a bullpen once a week? Or should it be shut down completely?

i like the question and i’d also ask the same thing, like with playing football a few times and obviously throwing is a part of football so i’d like that part answered included with mdorioles

Any answers for this? Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

My plan is 2 weeks no throwing or towel drills (but lifting, conditioning, maintenance every day) 1 week of towels and throwing, 1 week full blown

that will be my month off

edit: I doubt I can go 2 weeks without throwing so I’ll probably do towels and throw a little bit the 2nd week.

Take 2 weeks off from everything to let your body heal. After that, you need to figure out a plan of attack so that you hit your peak performance when the season rolls around. In order to do that you are going to need to figure out your throwing program and a strength and conditioning program.

I can’t fathom taking 2 weeks off from everything. That’s just absurd! You have to at least run, lift, or do maintenance every day; at least one thing!

Edit: heck, if you are really weak and broken, just walk 30 minutes a day.

I can’t fathom taking 2 weeks off from everything. That’s just absurd! You have to at least run, lift, or do maintenance every day; at least one thing!

Edit: heck, if you are really weak and broken, just walk 30 minutes a day.[/quote]
If you are carrying around injuries from the past season, the only way to truly let everything rebound is by taking time off. It’s not absurd, in fact it is advice I have seen several times from physical trainers and strength coaches. Overuse injuries like inflammation need time to heal. If you continually pound your body, it wont heal. The body needs down time after long periods of competition.

true

it’s really difficult for me to not do anything

So then after the 2 weeks off you can start to do tubing exercises and light throwing maybe once a week, just nothing real hard for the other 2-3 months??

During the months off should you not touch a baseball at all or would some occasional light throwing and long toss be alright along with tubing exercises?